61 - 80 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

·
Old Squeezer
22,157 Posts
Great 2 things I'm not crazy about being sold together yippee haha!!!
I guess this means you are not going to enter the "Yell it from the flippin' mountain tops" contest?
Oh my heck.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,056 Posts
Anyone want a cell phone? Answered mine today. Load Friday, KC Monday, home Tuesday. That is after this rain stops and temps turn to 50s for next week. Heard the channels are hitting on James River. The SD James.

Wonder if the kids wade for golf balls there.

Later

·
Premium Member
23,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
My visit to the VA clinic in Hickory NC was uneventful yesterday. But, COVID19 security is tight, like you are checked out before you park and a blue sticker is attached to your body, then you are instructed not to enter the clinic until 15 minutes prior to your appointment. Temp checked at the door and after check in, you sitting in a waiting room with all chairs at least six feet apart. I was called to Audio at the exact time of my appointment. Tech. checked out my hearing aids, cleaned them a tad and then informed me that I would have to come back in May for a hearing test. Oh yes, everybody had a mask on. Side note, everybody at the clinic thanked me for serving and I in returned thanked them for being there to take care of our medical needs.

Mid afternoon the Squaw and myself went to sign the Federal and State tax forms that had been prepared for us by a CPA and of course, we will be sending money back to GOVCO.

On the way back home we stopped at the garden shop and got some Cukes, Broccoli and Crooked Neck Squash, which I will plant this AM.

Current temp in my parts is 56, high of 80 predicted with a low of 51. Clear to cloudy, so they say.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
957 Posts
I got the led's mounted under the gunnel on starboard side. Not going to be bright enough. Cant see the rods on the same side. I ordered another strip to go down port side. I hope it dosent take 2 weeks like last time.

It was to warm for me yesterday. (mid 80s) Supposed to cool off a little over the next few days. Chance of thunder storms thru saturday.

Utah beer campaign,
I like it. I think we could all use a little lite hearted fun these days. Justin you can use the pretend swear words before washing your mouth out with soap. :p

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Back when my kids were small when visiting grandma's house. We would take the county roads to town and the hiway back to the house. 27 miles of back roads and 14 hiway. The kids were on the edge of the back seat watching the road ahead for turtles. At one time there were 7 turtles in our backyard. Early morning dew on the grass had trails going across it. Found 1 in a tomato plant about 14 inches off the ground eating the bottom of a tomato. Turning the garden over with a shovel they were there getting the grubs and worms. I didn't reinforce the bottom of the chain link fence and know we lost 3 hatching's to neighbor's yards.
I cut my daughter's front yard yesterday. Can get 2 lawn mower bags of clippings into a 13 gallon trash bag, 17 total. I cut a path from the shed to the gate in the backyard. Doubled the size of the path on the way back. Cut a large area around the fire pit and a path from that angle to the shed. Another 9 bags. Carried buckets and shovel to the curb to clean it out some, 12 buckets full of muck. Carried it all to my son's to help fill in the gully.
The couple next door are a bit older, he has dementia. He comes out every few minutes to check the mailbox. He'll come over when I'm there working. I've heard the same stories everytime. The latest is he wants to know if I picked with George Jones. He's seen me play with some country band, never have.
Been going through these piles of lead in the mats. Got a pile of sinkers, split shot, jigs, other stuff, what will be melted and a coffee can for line. I brought in a pint jar of jigs last night and went through them while watching the zoom auction. Most was clearing the line from the hook's eye and straightening up the hook bend. Most of the auction was buy now, didn't buy anything. I'm not paying $20 for a rod reel combo when I might get it at the next auction for $10. Surely don't need any candy, things to hang on the walls or 2,000 thread count sheet sets.
My stimulus check was deposited last night. Don't need anything so it will sit until I do.
The rain yesterday didn't show up until 6:30, fast moving and out of here by 8.
60 feels like 60 SW 7 mph wind.

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,220 Posts
I have a small pond behind the house. I stocked 100 bluegill in it this AM. I'm hoping in a couple years to have some fish in it to introduce my great-grandson to this illness we are all infected with. :) That's about when it started with me. He's 2 now so maybe he can sit long enough when he's 4.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,056 Posts
While replacing a Chinese part this morn, not made in usa any more, had a strange remembrance. As a kid we would always break things made in Japan. Seemed like the stuff was not made right. Now, most Japanise stuff is purty good. Wonder if Chinese junk will improve. Am getting used to finding out if the wrench don't fit on American car to grab a metric.

Soon, instead of ounce weight our gkids will use grams. Instead of 65 lb braid it will be 30 kilo braid.

Later

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,220 Posts
While replacing a Chinese part this morn, not made in usa any more, had a strange remembrance. As a kid we would always break things made in Japan. Seemed like the stuff was not made right. Now, most Japanise stuff is purty good. Wonder if Chinese junk will improve. Am getting used to finding out if the wrench don't fit on American car to grab a metric.

Soon, instead of ounce weight our gkids will use grams. Instead of 65 lb braid it will be 30 kilo braid.

Later
Bill, I've made my living all my life with tools. Way back in the seventies, I started complaining about metric sizing. Everyone acts as though it is inevitable, but I maintain that if the US had put a tariff on all imports with metric size fasteners, the manufacturers would have retooled to get our business. In general, I'm opposed to tariffs, but I was fairly sure this one would work. Instead, mechanics everywhere have to own two sets of tools. It's like a tax on being a tradesman.
Oh well, it's done now, they produce foreign cars in the US with metric bolts in them.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
957 Posts
The tennesse guy should send them $10 a month payment twoards his bill.

I know a life flight can make the difference but Im not a fan of how that works in general. I received the call at work that something was wrong with dad. I went to the hospital only to be told they were life flighting him. I went home got angela out of bed and changed clothes. Hospital they were taking him too is a hour drive. The helicopter was just landing as i was pulling in the parking lot. Cost mom thousands of dollars when a ambulance would have been quicker. If id been in charge there is no way i would have paid that bill.

One of my oldest friends has gotten remarried. Hes got 2 teenage step kids. There city kids that have moved to the country. He exposing them to all kids of new things. He bought them both bows for there birthdays. We set up them yesterday afternoon. The young lady seemed more excited than the boy.

Neil,
100 might be to many for a small pond.
My brother is 12 years younger. I helped him catch his first fish at around 4. It was a palm sized bluegill.

·
Premium Member
23,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Dang it, I have a new aliment. The back of my right foot/heel is hurting me. When I put my finger on it with a tad of pressure, I can feel, I think, something moving. Did some reading on the NET and everything points to a possible bone spur. Are thar any experts on this thread with knowledge of bone spurs, IJA. I'm too dang old to have to put up with something like this.

·
Horse-MON
21,877 Posts
Dang it, I have a new aliment. The back of my right foot/heel is hurting me. When I put my finger on it with a tad of pressure, I can feel, I think, something moving. Did some reading on the NET and everything points to a possible bone spur. Are thar any experts on this thread with knowledge of bone spurs, IJA. I'm too dang old to have to put up with something like this.
Mac this is best I can do.
Heel Spur Causes, Symptoms, Treatments, and Surgery
https://www.webmd.com › Pain Management › Reference

61 - 80 of 163 Posts