Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

41 - 60 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Might wanna trim some brush ta keep the ticks off??

The onions are planted. Oh by the way I mowed couple days ago. LOL
Keef, since we moved to the lake in Dec. 1999, I've not collected any ticks. You don't reckon the Mallards and Geese have kept them under control.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Waz up. Well was Wife go shopping day at Lowe’s before vork. Cost me $700. New vanity for the bathroom, new island for the kitchen, butcher block counter top for it gota do some glue on panel work and add some trim before I can install. Oh yea she wants to urathane it and mineral oil treat the countertop.
Oldest child that rotten Marine now out is comming in on the 14 with my grand kid and that other Crayon eater she marred😁. Getting her crap out my house at last be visiting for a week,
At the dead end job and have lemon pepper air fried spoonbill with riceoroni for dinner.

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,220 Posts
Had an enjoyable campout in the wild. The site we chose is heavily used and fished to death I fear so fishing was a bust but time spent together was great.
Okay here's shot of me learning to smile with the new choppers. Warning: it's a little scary.:)

Photo on 4-5-21 at 5.25 PM.jpg

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,220 Posts
Sweet wife loaded up on pudding cups, Boosts, and other items I don't need to chew. I'm really missing solid food so I hope I'll be able to eat soon. In the meantime, I'll consider it a diet. :)

Got my first covid shot this morning at Wally World. I feel a little off but to be honest I didn't feel great before I got it.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
A friend from grade and high school on face book reports. They had both shots in February, husband had a heart attack 2 weeks ago so into and out of the hospital. She tested positive today. They live in Jacksonville, FL.
My youngest son and I met at Butla spillway for a little fishing. We viewed the action from the parking lot before heading down. Lots of short white bass and crappie caught, there isn't a size limit, just a daily limit of 15. I added nibbles and caught a big enough blue cat to keep. He added too and took 5 home.
He left and I put my rod away for a bucket. Walked the rocks picking up spent sinkers and jigs. I would pull one up that was connected to a mat of fishing line with a lot of sinkers attached. Cut the mat loose and put the whole thing in the bucket to be cleaned later. Side cutters on the needle nose did good on the mono line but not the braid.
Got to vote in the morning. Some shopping before meeting my oldest son at Butla for some fishing. I'll probably end up with another bucket of lead.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
957 Posts
I was so bored at work yesterday i was sure i was going to die before it was over. Its hard to look at that big blue sky on a warm spring day and not want to be anywhere but there.

Ive got all the split wood i can see busted up. Still got a pretty big pile off round wood to stack. Should get it in the next couple of days. One day short of 2 weeks and i finally got the lights i ordered for the boat. Im going to work on them this evening.

Our covid cases have been under a 1,000 per day for the last week in Ga. Its all but disappeared in some of the more rural countys in the south.

Niel,
You have already paid for them, might as well show them off. Grin like a possum.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Guess MS health department took the weekend off. Got an email report Friday and one yesterday. Desoto county has 48 new cases since Friday.
Skinny neighbor said her oldest son went skating with friends yesterday. Instead of being dropped off at home they went to their house for a couple of hours. Getting ready to come home his phone wasn't where he left it in their house. The mom said the phone better show back up where it was left. She and the boy walk out of the house for 5 minutes. The phone didn't show up. Now all heck is happening at that house.
I'm a bit sore from all the bending over yesterday. Trying to get my day started.
68 feels like 68 SSW 13 mph wind. Would hate to be on the lake today, it would feel like 26 mph.

·
Premium Member
23,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Got an early start this AM and here is my fish encounter with a catfish >>> GOPR1749/First Fish Of The Morning/April 6, 2021 - YouTube . It acted like a Flathead from the get go. When it took the bait it didn't run, just bend my rod back and then when I got it uncontrol, I thought, it went to the bottom next to the boat. For a spell after the foregoing action I caught five Channel cats of different sizes and then a Blue Catfish connected >> GOPR1750/Blue Catfish on Side Planner Board/April 6, 2021 - YouTube . I started off with a lite jacket on, took it off and I was OK in my sweatshirt. By the time I quit I was down to a tee shirt. Crazy weather, IJS.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nothing to report, no one catching fish yet at the lake. 44 boat tournament Saturday and only 21 boats caught fish lol. Only 5 boats culled, very odd. Hope to be back on here regularly soon, making some adjustments to things to hopefully free up more time. I do miss reading all the posts a lot. I haven't had time to fish lately either which is A NO GO! Gotta slow things down I'm too old to be this busy.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,056 Posts
New chompers. Carry the buck knife with you, Neil. Works good on those sore spots. Beats getting an appointment and suffering for a week. Some good sandpaper will also work. Just rinse before insert. Carry tbrush also for after eating nutty things. Those nut peices sting.

Oh, after a good fist fight supper glue will put them back in place if found.

If not for kids wedding would get to fish by Sioux City. No work till next week. Right after our current storms should be good. Oh well, may get to vacume freeze some more chubs.

Nice fish, Mac.

Later

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
957 Posts
Worked on woodpile, Put boat in the shop and blacked out the window. With red led lights laying on deck i can see the white rods in the holders okay. Hopefully wont change much when i get them mounted under gunnel. Gonna try to get that done today.

Nice fish mac

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I returned to Butla spillway yesterday. I had 2 small crappie in the basket when the horn blew. I fished until I saw a gush of water from the tunnel. Released the fish, took my tackle to the truck and got a bucket. I started about where I left off the day before. I picked up a lot of mats loaded with lead. I got about a 3rd of a bucket, was hot and went to the truck to cool. The large rock I was standing in front of while fishing is half covered with water. Water would be over my knees if I stayed. I went back down for more lead. I worked until I was hot again. Got another 3rd of a bucket. As I was working the horn blew again. By the time I got to my truck the water covered the rock I was fishing at. I sat at a table cooling before heading home. Some people were headed down to fish, I told them it was a waste of time. Some left, some went down. By the time I left the rock was nowhere to be seen. Gate flow went from 25 cfs to 1,100 cfs.
Rain this afternoon, I'm headed over to cut my daughter's yard.
73 feels like 73 S 22 mph wind. 10% chance of rain until 3 pm, 30% until 4 pm, 80% at 6 pm.

41 - 60 of 163 Posts