Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

21 - 40 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
You noticed that too.

My daughter has a rodent problem at her new to her house. I've got mouse and rat traps set everywhere and they just go on by to whatever they want. I've caught a few but she still hears them and food is eaten.
I use peppermint oil on cotton balls in the camper with good luck. Open a door and the mint smell will knock you down. I sent her 2 bottles to use. Open the door, no mint smell. Says she's used it all.
Debbie says to look online for the best price for Fresh Cab, suppose to work great. Tractor Supply has it on sale for $12.99 per 4 pack $3.25 per pack. I go to the Horn Lake store and get the last 2 boxes. I put 2 in the camper and give my daughter a fresh box. Debbie says we may need more. I go to the TSC website and order 2 boxes and use paypal. I few minutes later I get the comp email. Today I get another email, Your order has been canceled.
Guess I'll have to go to amazon. Got to compare prices there for sure. 4 boxes $50, 16 packs $3.13 per pack. 9 boxes $158.34, 36 packs $4.44 per pack.
I checked at walmart dot com $6.83 per pack.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Home and hurting 6 am to 7:30 pm on the water 3 spoonbill boated big fish my nephew got 40 lb female .
Dang near got spooled on the stand up rig 72 lb squid line popped like thread when youngest boy hit the breaks on that spoonbill. Hit another that popped 80 lb braid after pulling drag hard.
Wind, wakes and chop was rough all day on loz. I was the boat operator.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
957 Posts
Didnt affect me Mac,

Good friday is a paid holiday for me,
Heard some turkeys yesterday at daylight. They were 3-4 property's away. Made a big loop on some public land. No turkeys and very little sign.

Worked on the wood pile some. Im about half done. gonna have to step it up a notch. Gave in and broke out the lawn mower to cut the weeds. I was fixing to do the weed eating when i noticed some water around the foundation. Get to looking and i got a busted pipe were the water comes in to the shop. Spent the rest of the afternoon fixing that. Still got a small leak under the sink. I always have trouble with plumbing.

Saturday,
Went to a different area this morning. 3 birds were all ready gobbling as i was walking across the pasture. Should have been earlier. I couldnt get close were they were at. Had some hens with them anyway. As soon as they flew down not another peep. I did get to watch one of the strut for a couple of hens for over a hour. Finally i left them at almost 11. Got the leak fixed. Did the weed eating. Worked on the wood pile.
Went back to same spot late yesterday. Couldnt raise a gobble. Did hear some birds fly up. Headed back there now.

·
Premium Member
23,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Weather Guessers stumped their toe this AM. They were calling for a Freeze/Frost warning this morning for my location. It didn't even get close to freezing (38 degrees), how bout dat.

Going to take the Cyclone Rake off the John Deere mower this AM, so the Squaw can mow the yard this year. I've already gotten the plastic pots off the tomatoes and other stuff and stored away for next year. Same for the tarps that were wrapping the Blue Berry bushes. Young figs didn't seem to be bother by the cold snap.

Soon as the sun burns the dew off the swing, I will put the second coat of poly on it and this afternoon, most likely, we will hang it down by the water edge.

·
Premium Member
23,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Premium Member
23,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Learn sumthing every day. The chain for the yard/porch swing came with six S hook connectors. I tried to figure out a way to close the gap, only to find out that they are not designed to be closed.

Neill, are you practicing smiling and or grinning with your new teef, IJA

·
Old Squeezer
22,157 Posts
Without getting political - We are now paying for environmental SNAFU's made in the past.
"The phosphate plant was established at Piney Point in 1966 and became inactive in 2001, The Miami Herald reported. The plant has faced other disasters: In 2003, treated wastewater was pumped into the ocean, and in 2011, a breach sent wastewater into a harbor. "

When will we ever learn?

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,056 Posts
Good to hear most doing good. At least some caught fish this weekend. Big skunk for ma and I. Not even a nibble. Tryed all kinds of bait, 20 different spots, etc. Not many eyes of keeper size caught below dam. At least we got to watch the eagles nesting. Oh, boat was fixed Friday morn. Yes, impeller. What I thought. But with still under warenty did not want to do it myself.

River near dam was really crowded. We went a couple miles down stream. Water temp was chilly, 39. Did not mark any bait or other fish. The couple wallmart eagles there were not diveing for bait either. Nor the bald eagles. Still a relaxing couple days.

Yes, this is South Dakota. Early in week we had record lows of 16. Today, record high of 84.

Later

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Bill your temp and weather must be like Utah. We have a saying "if you don't like the weather give it 15 minutes it will probably change". We can have snow, cold, sunny, windy, and beautiful warm in same day. Makes it a pain to plan a day

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
957 Posts
Cheap,
I convinced we (the human race) will not be satisfied until we completely destroy everything.

Well the turkeys did it to me again. I set up in a different spot based on what they did sat. morning. Yep if i had been sitting in the same spot they would have walked right by me. I didnt hear a single gobble. I dont really care to ambush them anyway. Soon enough the hens will go on the nest and the boys will get lonely. They'll respond better to the call then.

I bought a used bird 360 from captian brad yesterday. My main intention is to use it to home in on schools of bait fish roaming around on the flats. We will see how useful it is.

·
Premium Member
23,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Forty five here, high of 77 called for by the WG's. Most likely I will get the swing hung this AM and then make a garbage/trash run. Also need to call the VA audio dept. and schedule an appointment with them. Right now I can hear as well, almost, as I can with the hearing aids in.

·
Premium Member
23,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The swing is hung and the view is great.

I called VA about my hearing and they wanted me to come in at nine bells today, it was 8:30 AM when I called and I told them I was an hour away, so they ask if I could come in at nine bells Wednesday, I replied in the affirmative.

·
Horse-MON
21,877 Posts
The swing is hung and the view is great.

View attachment 323747

View attachment 323748

I called VA about my hearing and they wanted me to come in at nine bells today, it was 8:30 AM when I called and I told them I was an hour away, so they ask if I could come in at nine bells Wednesday, I replied in the affirmative.

Might wanna trim some brush ta keep the ticks off??

The onions are planted. Oh by the way I mowed couple days ago. LOL

21 - 40 of 163 Posts