Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

361 - 380 of 531 Posts

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
1,011 Posts
Well that was a colossal waste of time and effort.
Decided to detour by a water shed lake and catch bait. Caught some of the biggest threadfins ive ever seen. Only a few big gizzards. Managed to throw my net over a double stump. Tore it all to pieces and still couldnt get it out. Water about 4 foot deep. Had to go swimming to get it back. Did catch bream one right after the other. Took too long.
Got to the lake right at dark. Long story short from dark friday to about 3:00 i caught a big large mouth and 2 channels. Didnt hear a single turkey. Decided to switch lakes.
Fished from 7:00 sat. to 2:00 sunday. Caught 3 blue cats and 2 flatheads. Didnt hear any turkey. Biggest fish 16 pound flathead.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
ran outta smokes...staying away from town so i won't buy any more...getting hot thankful for the breeze...
connie is still here...can't get rid of the wench...not lQQking forward to her moving here...rumor has it
ken fondren is moving down here too...not lQQking forward to that either...less toilet,less food...
SCATS...

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Yesterday I went into the zoom auction, asked if the electric jack was sold after I left last night, nope, then I left. I did a better search for the jack, $89 at Northern tools only place that has a 1500 lb model. I went back to the auction with another name. Didn't bid on anything, didn't chat with anyone, just watched. One seller had Dynatrap indoor bug zappers for $9. I searched. Another person said he found them online for $39. I did too, plus 6 for $30 with free shipping. MRP is $19.
Got the email invoices for Fri and Sat nights today. The jack isn't on it. A few items we didn't buy are on them and a few items we bought are not on them. I don't know how much cash I need to carry now. I sent replies to the emails and their 3 face book pages. Guess they don't look until they make a post.
Heavy rain moved through the area about 3:40 am, loud enough to wake me. It was 4:20 before I could lay back down. Got up at 8:20 to find a tornado had moved through our home town. It's 112 mile trip to the south of us. We made calls to relatives, all's fine, no damage. The town square is blocked off with heavy damage. Heavy damage to a low housing complex.

·
Premium Member
23,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #367 ·
I had to go back and visit the Plastic Surgeon today. This past Friday when I got up the left side of my face was red and itching. It was darker in color on the incision area. Dr. informed me that my system was probably reacting to the interior stiches. What amazes me is that I had the surgery back in the early part of March. Did some research and found this

"Why do you get a rash after surgery?
In most cases, a rash after surgery is caused by contact with something you’re allergic to or that irritates your skin. This may include contact with surgical instruments or supplies that are not hypoallergenic, such as bandages, surgical glue, or antiseptic solutions."

Got two different meds to take and will pick them up when the folks at Wally's calls.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
1,011 Posts
Rained pretty much all day in the shadow of Currahee. Slow day.
Had to go by wally world. Dropped by the sporting goods section just because. Still not one single box of ammo.
Fired up the grill to cook some pork chops. Went back out and it had went out, no gas. I guess that was better than getting them half cooked.
Pics from the weekend

20210502_055915.jpg

20210502_064944.jpg

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
got up,ate 4 slices of pork loin for breakfast...shaved...went with mike and bought the log splitter...
thousand thirty dollards but it's 25 ton...he's gonna pull it home if this dadgum rain will ever stop...
doing p,c,h. big drawings tonight and tomorrow...mega345...powerball142...SCATS...

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Steve, there's no ammo here either. If you reload, there's no supplies. Does GA have a gun owners website? Primers are going for $15 per pack of 100. Might get a discount buying a carton. A seller in Gulfport, MS offered sp and sr primers for $80 cash per carton limit 2. 1 person in his shop at a time. He sold out in 2 hours.
A seller Sunday had ten 20 rd boxes of steel cased 223 ammo. The bid got to $18, sold 1, needed $25 for the rest, sold out.
My youngest grandson bought a rifle after Christmas. Found out the best days to be at Academy Sports and Sportsman's Warehouse at opening time. He's up to 400 rds now.
2 weeks ago I bought a beef tenderloin. Washed the package, cut a small hole at the end and hung it in the fridge to drain into a trash bag. Yesterday I laid it out, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2" steaks. Left 3 out for dinner and vacuum sealed the rest. 5 minutes for each side over a charcoal fire. Mine was melt in the mouth good. I use Dean's onion dip instead of sour cream on the baked potato. Can't find it everywhere, I won't buy any other brand.
I removed 12 buckets of dirt/mud from my daughter's flowerbed. Where I had dug last week had about 20 gallons of standing water. Dug around roots as much as I could, didn't get down to cut them out of the way. The old man next door came over a few times, asked me if I picked with George Jones each time. I've never played a guitar. He went to his mailbox 20 times that I saw.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
mike and derik are working on his shed...did business twice...tonya is off to town to buy groceries...
the rain finally stopped and the sun came out...chilly 56 degrees...i drove to town and got mike's
beer $20...gassed up bought smokes and pop and a 5-play powerball ticket for wednesday...
my favorite songbird is the whipoorwill and i had one close to the shed last night for about
15-minutes...SCATS...time to go let the dogs out...leeboy...

·
Registered
Mark from Bartlesville OK
1,669 Posts
Fished yesterday before the rain last night. Caught a dozen crappie all but a couple too small to ear but kept for bait. 20 blues in about 90 minutes after that.

Rained most of today, and was cool. Finished setting up squeeze chute after rain stopped.

Have a great day everyone.
20210503_124109.jpeg

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,088 Posts
Hated to hear of loss. 19 but still a kid.

See some are catching. Get to fish next two days. Ma and I going to Yankton. Some river, some below dam. Just gotta play in rain tomorow tho. Got chubs, chicken, and found chicken hearts. 2 bucks for a pound package. Maybe 20 in it. Crawlers also.

Ma did not want to fish the river by Sioux City. Gotta keep mama happy so decided on Yankton. Know of a 50 foot deep hole to anchor above. Also the bridge pilings. Got her running boat now to retrive anchor in 5 plus current. Helps alot.

Thought Lee was gonna play hermit, not go to town for smokes. Next he might let jeep run outa gas in driveway.

One nice thing about mama being with me. She will put the sunscreen on me. Since she dont bait, my hands dont get it on bait. She will hold the kitties now. Cant get her to kiss em yet before releasing the 15lbrs. She still kisses me tho.

Got semi unloaded this morn. Phone ringing as getting back in truck. Yep, more work Friday. Then spent rest of today getting bait and preping boat. Semi retired. LOL.

Later

361 - 380 of 531 Posts