Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
401 Posts
Now is the time for all Americans to come to the aid of their country.
I served my country for 12 years, in uniform.
Then worked a couple jobs that just “weren’t me” for 3 or 4 years.
Then drove a truck for 35 years. A job that I think is essential to the national economy.
Now that I’ve been retired for almost 19 months, ( no longer contributing?), they call it a “stimulus bill”, but Bill (me) and about 31,000,000 other Americans don’t seem to qualify for the aid?
What more aid does my country require of me?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Well off work home at 3 am just cracked a cold one.been a long 4 days at the dead end job overtime. Off 3 days. Got some things to get done Friday. Then Saturday it’s a family snaggen trip to loz be leaven the barn at 3 am.
Gots a new gaff I made out of the old4 ft landing net handle. Holds my 230 lb self just fine. Not bad for 20 min of messing around on my lunch break.

·
Horse-MON
21,876 Posts
29 is mighty fine, supposed to start warming up now??

Joe has a new Yama and it has a tiny pee hole, so we run shallow and dirty water all the time and carry a wire to clean the hole all the time, like before you leave the ramp, check, after you have sat a fished a long time, check, ran thru a bunch a goop, check.

Nice sticker Troy.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,056 Posts
When putting boat up for winter blow air thru pee hole. Also the lower leg intake. This is after it sat a month inside my shop. Then lower end covered by trash bag. And left in down position all winter. It is still under warenty yet. Guess will get the xtend also now.

When last used it everthing worked good. Since kinda a fair weather fishing person anymore did not get out last fall. When time permitted dont like to travel on ice.

Gonna be windy again today. 80s on Sunday.

Found some gunny sacks at Runnings store. Got one. Used them years ago for holding fish on shore. Snappers didnt didnt get free meal then at night.

Later

·
Premium Member
23,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Severe freeze warning was lifted this AM at five bells, still on for Saturday, but Sunday's warning has also been lifted.

Bill, if the impeller has gone bad you will not see water coming out of the pee hole, IJS.

Truckgrandpa, not all checks have been sent out, so they say. Also, have you checked your checking account lately.

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,220 Posts
Spent the day yesterday, getting impressions and then all my teeth pulled. I don't take pain pills very often, so these really got me loopy.
I'm looking forward to learning how smile with my mouth open. My teeth have always been crooked and crowded making me self conscious about smiling.
We're heading to the wild for a 2 night camp and fish. Daughter child has a chemo treatment Monday and we are trying to make as many memories as we can while we can.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I always like making things at work. Working the 11 to 7 shift we would get some free time between locomotives on the fuel pad. Some others would hide out for a nap. I would work on something. Check repair reports in the roundhouse to see what was changed then hunt for the parts changed out. A friction bearing would give me 12 lbs of babbit, a set of batteries changed out would give me 33 lbs of lead. 3 sizes of bag filters would give me rectangles of 3/16, 1/4 and 5/16" rods, 4x18, 5x24 and 6x30 inch frames. An assembly change out would give me a 3/8x12" bolt. All that was scrap or trash. We had a few molds left over from the steam engine days. I heard of a scrap drive so I put the hammer head molds in my tool box. Sure enough they scraped that work area. Coworkers found out that I had the molds. Would bring me a can of lead for a couple of heads. I could cast 2, 4 , 6 and 10 lb hammer heads. The rest was for sinkers and bullets.
My son was going to buy a cargo rack for his suv. A neighbor had a rack from a 3 wheeler in his trash pile. It took a week to make it into a cargo rack.
42 feels like 35 E 13 mph wind.

·
Premium Member
23,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The current drought in the Great Plains is putting a hurting on those living in the areas that make up the Great Plains. Red Flag days are common place, along with forest fires. Meanwhile, back on the dead end road, it's currently 31 degrees with a high of 60 projected and an over nite low of 30. Clear skies and very little wind.

Our inherited dog Izzy is walking on thin ice. She found the raised beds yesterday and ate the leaves off two Broccoli plants and pull one up. The Squaw caught her doing it and put a hurting on her little butt with her fly swatter !.

Other than taking my one mile walk yesterday, I didn't do squat.

My opening remarks when I started this current thread upset some, but I didn't mean for that to happen. It was the first complete sentence I learned to type in my high school typing class in 1955. .

·
Premium Member
23,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Mid day yesterday I had a guide that I've trained inquiring what I thought about Hagers Creek as he was looking for an area for this coming Wednesday for a trip. Then before dark thirty, one of my old trainees called and wanted to know a good place to anchor down and fish. Told him the same creek, but got more specific with him and told him about a spot that had some 30 to 40 feet of water with four points. This morning he put several in the boat, the largest in the low 70's and next was a 40 plus. As always when he calls me with his fishing report, he always thanks me for all the things I've done for him.

He's a large fellow, 300 plus. Notice he doesn't hold the fish out to make it larger like a lot of folks are doing.

·
Premium Member
23,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well Mac they dun ya proud.
Water not out a the 40's yet so you never know what will bite this time of the year.
View attachment 323725
Thats Joe's big hands, not mine. LOL
Dat is one dang good bait. Tell Joe I have the same shirt as he, plus a wind breaker like his.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I got up early this morning to fish in a crappie kayak tournament, a first for me. Entry fee was $50, big fish $20. Was at J&J's #2 in Hernando, MS at 5:58. Sign in started at 6 am. I got minnows and 6 of us left at 6:30. I drove to my launch site and waited for it to warm up some. I had pruners to clear brush out of the way most of the day. The lake has a 12" limit and I caught 38 at 11 7/8" crappie. I finished with an 18 3/4, 17, 16, two 15 and two 14". 4 of us weighed in at 4 pm. I had the 3rd heaviest stringer, got my $50 back. The 18 3/4" was the big fish at 3 lb 7 oz, got my $20 back plus $100.
Like I said, this was my first. Most likely my last, to much work.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts