The Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by elphaba7, Oct 19, 2005.

1. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I thought maybe everyone would like a place to memorialize our belived pets we have lost. :sad: I lost my American Bulldog "Dub" four years ago. He''ll be forever in my heart.

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Great post elphaba7!!! I too have lost a dear friend and companion. I lost her two days before christmas in 97 she was, shepard and chow. One of the smartest dogs I have ever had and the most loyal!!!

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I too have lost two very faithful companions. Samantha, a chow mixed with God only knows what, and Shadow, a black lab. Came home from church one morning to find them missing and Shadows tags from her collar were laying in the driveway. I searched the neighborhood and found out that 2 punk teens had released them from the back yard. I called the pound the next day which was Monday, and they said that I would have to come in and look. The only day I could was Wednesday morning. I got to the pound about 10 mins before they opened and sat there waiting. When they opened, I went in and looked for my dogs and didn't see them. As I was getting ready to leave, one of the guys had just come in from the back, and asked for a description of the dogs so he could keep his eyes out for them. As I described my dogs, he started looking at the floor and fidgeting. When I got done, he told me that he had just gotten done eufanizing them about 5 mins before they opened.
    I was heartbroken and so upset. Now both of my dogs are "tattooed" with my name and cell phone number on them.

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    My wife will like to read this thread and she will later today.
    We take very good care of our Dogs. Have two now, one is a stray.
    Not long ago our two Golden retrivers, one 10 years old, the other 9 years old was both poison on purpose by someone I bent over backwards to open my house up to that person for many years who new our dogs very well. Those was the best fishing dogs we ever had. One died after 3 weeks of iv's etc. going to pet emg. room on Xmas day and the other almost pulled through. Died bout a year later with many compilations from the poison. Rat poison is what was used and that is a very bad way to die. Mix with food, thrown over the fence of our back yard. It was a very hard time for all of us when it all happen. I put up the story on old site. If I can find it I will re post it here. Dont have time to type it up now or look for it..

You can bet the house, the dog we have now is very spoiled.