The Rain

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by endy317, Mar 25, 2008.

1. endy317

endy317 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    i was wanting to know is there any truth behind fishing in the rain? so i wanna know is it good to fish in the rain or a day after?

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I like to fish in the rain or soon as it gets done because it stirs up the fish

3. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yup that is when I like to fish to!

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I like to fish after a good rain when the water is up a little and stained, try feeder creeks arter a good rain this can be very productive.

5. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I like to fish as the water's rising cause you know their is food being washed down, and the cats are biting.

6. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    what does anybody think the best bait for fishing after it rains

7. ittybittykitty

ittybittykitty New Member

State:
    Belleville Michigan
    Any day I'm not at work is a good day to fish. A lot of fish don't like sudden changes in the barometric pressure. This seems to bother fish in lakes more than those in streams. In the end, it's the fish who know if they are going to bite that day. If you are organized enough (I'm not) try keeping a log showing the weather for a couple of days each side of when you went and how you did that day.

8. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    You usually can't go wrong with fresh shad or earth worms. A good punch bait will also catch fish after a rain. I fished some recently flooded brush last year and decided to see what the fish I caught were eating. They were stuffed full of cockroaches. I've never tried fishing with them and luckily I can say I don't have a good source for them either.

9. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    last year my son and i caught 46 channels in a hr after it stoped raining in a feeder creek mouth that dumped into the river
    IT WAS FUN
    the only reason we stopped was the fact i ran out of baite:wink:

10. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I know when you go trotlining and it rains during the night, and makes the river rise(make sure your lines are tied plenty high) the bite is usually nothing less than amazing

11. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Nightcrawlers after a rain would probably be the natural choice of bait for me.
    But I think they would also be eating any kind of bugs or insects that got washed in the river. Sometimes those channels and bullheads stomachs are just bulging from all the junk they eat.

12. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I don't usually see any difference in the bite after a rain in an lake but the bites get a lot better in a river or creek after the rain.

13. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have had great luck when the water rises for catfish. during the rain before the rise is about the same as no rain for me. as the water starts rising, the fish usually turn on great.

14. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Fishing for all fish is usually good before and after the rain. I guess fish can sense when it's about to rain (pressure changes).

Well, during the rain all the constant noise of the rain hitting the surface messes a little with their sonar senses, lateral line etc. So tends to slow down a tad. Of course if the fish stumbles across a good meal even in the rain they'll probably take it and I have caught fish in the rain. Just not as many.

15. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Fishing in the rain is best for me. it can get a little uncomfortable at times but has been proven to get flatheads rowled up day or night! Just dont get cheap with your raingear or you wont fish in the rain very long. I learned that lesson!
    A good rainsuite that is breathable makes all the difference in the world if you plan on being out for a few hours.

GOOD FISHIN!

16. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I think long as water is on the rise its good as soon as it starts to drop they slow way down.