The Rain

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by endy317, Mar 25, 2008.

1. endy317

endy317 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I was wanting to know is there a better chance of catching fish while its raining or right after? Because i ive heard from a couple of people that they have caught a ton of fish while it was raining so i was wanting to know is there any truth to this.:beat_shot::doubt:

2. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    My job realizes on the weather.When I get rained out from work I'm fishing.If I go to my usual rain out holes and it is spring are summer I'm catching fish.I can't wait till the weather warms up because when its raining I'm fishing.Shad are easy to catch to when it rains.Find anywhere where water is running into a creek are river thats usually a good place to start.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I love fishing in the rain or when it just gets done i get alot more bites

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yes the rain turns them on. if it rains enough to make the creeks flow the cats will be there to feed on the bounty the creeks serve up!

5. DragonFishin

DragonFishin New Member

State:
    CA
    I always get more bites in the rain and as an added bonus there's usually alot less people out at the lakes:wink:

6. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    The rain didn't help me today.I couldn't get anything to bite.They were biting good last week but not today!!

7. shadgut

shadgut New Member

State:
    camby, indiana
    u should of been worken not fishen, :smile2:

8. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Last night rain didn't help at a lake I was at.Got a new place will be trying out this weekend.It's 3 ponds that are on a bed and breakfast property.If you stay there they let you fish the ponds.I know the owner and she said me and my son can fish there.She told me ponds were stocked years ago with gill,bass, and cats.Ponds are not heavily fished and theres some nice sized channels in there.