The Problems we face... Bighead Carp!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dreadnaught, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
  2. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Brother you have no idea what it is like. I have had these things jump in the boat at head level scares the living hell outta me. I'm a big boy but I huddle in the middle of the boat screaming like a lil' school girl with these things. And where there is one there is like 50 more. the water just seems to come alive.

3. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Come on Chris, I can't see you doing that.
    I've seen those videos before. It would be kind of scary at night.

Ray

4. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    I just saw that video and that is nothing. they are laughing and such but all of those are babys. I get them jumping in the boat on average of 10-12 pounds but have had the boat get hit with one about 30 pounds. See how long the will laugh when an ugly a$$ 30 pound fish smacks them. LOL.

5. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    LOL, I can!! LOL Not sure I want to see him dressed like a little school girl though!!!!:sick-big: :frk-big:

I didn't think he'd give me a chance to get back at him this soon for something he called me last night.

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Why not ??? He and Dh could team-up to fish at the Tenn. Fish and Camp together, LOL!!! With DH in his Pink Frilly Teddy and Dodgeman in his school girl outfit, they couldn't loose with a combination like that, LMAO!!!

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    LOL, I'm awfully glad I'm not you right now J.W.!!!!! LOL

8. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Okay boys you have had your fun...but be afraid, be very afraid...the naked fat man cometh. Mauhahahah!

9. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

OMG, you released the beast.....

Ray

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    OH No !!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOO SKEEEEEEEERED, LOL!!!:p :p

11. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    You should be Dread...shhh shhh shhh ahhh ahhh ahhhh....shhh shhhh shhh...ahhh ahhhh ahhhh....Muahhahah!

12. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    JW that was not nice at all, I guess I will have to tell the truth about you, and then you will be blushing. This should make a good thread about JW purse with his ear ring and pick bunny rabbit. Oppss was I

13. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

heck if you a bunch of bored friends you could just drive boats around in the dark like these guys and just let the fish jump in the boat with ya go dump them on the bank, could put a dent in them in no time:)

14. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Well guys I seen JW this summer with a pink carp shield and a pink fanny pack full of hooks and sinkers out on the river. But I still dont know whats uglier an asian big head carp or JW.

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Plus they are doing alot of damage to the native fish populations, they are plankton feeders and compete with shad for food.

16. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I have seen some very large big head carp up in the 50-100 lb. range. We bowfish them and heard about guys seeing some that could go 200 lbs. they eat everything and grow fast and they will only get worse as time passes.

17. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Someone needs to go out and make a real bighead carp video just like that. What ever them little guy's are they don't hold water to a carp coming at your head. As far as getting down on the floor of the boat and crying like a little school girl I don't blame him. :) When you see a fish pushing 40 pounds clear 8 feet out of the water like nothing it makes you think. I don't know if any true hard facts yet about what damage these fish are going to cause over all long term. There to new of a fish that are introduced. One thing is for sure they are here to stay. It's a good thing they do make great bluecat bait.

18. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    UHH Brent......Sorry bud but that was me:0a13: .....I didnt only have hooks and sinkers in that fanny pack i also had some lip gloss and sun screen........:sick-big:

19. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I am wondering how these would be as cut bait or chum ?????

20. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    When Lynn and I fished the White river we had a big one slam right into the side of the boat, skeered the bajeebas out of both of us thought I had hit a stump, then we had another one that leaped out of the water and cleared the front deck of the boat and it was a big one at that, I was pulling back quick on the throttle to keep from spooking them, there was a video out that showed guys running down a river with these big Carp leaping out of the water like Dolphins right beside the boat, I know that they sure can get some air time when they leap out of the water and talk about an ugly fish, eyes on the bottom of there head where there mouth should be, a guy caught one at the Meldhal dam fishing for stripers last year, the fish had inhaled a topwater plug, dude thought that he had a state record till he pulled the fish up on the rocks............Doc