The Price Of Good Information

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Itch2Scratch, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Well guys I just sat down after making another order from Catfish Connection and figured out what I have spent with BPS, Cabelas and CC since joining BOC:rolleyes: ..I gotta tell ya in "terminal tackle" alone we are talking hundreds:eek: and before joining I thought I had enough to last my lifetime already.....for those of you with spouses, I send my sympathies.....it must not be a pretty sight(unless your spouse fishs with ya) when you try to keep up with the latest gear.:crying:

2. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    I have given up on trying to keep up with the new stuff. Sure I buy some new stuff once in a while, but I try to stick with works best in my location under my conditions.

3. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    the way i see it is that i can never get enough stuff, but money usually cuts that short

4. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I haven't spent much $$ on fishing equipment since August (beginning of divorce), but I've spent quite a bit at Hooters and going to spend somemore tonight. But hey, I'm free now and I can. I'm a regular once again. :thumbsup:

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Spend your money on fishin gear:rolleyes: ..at least you will have something to show for it:p (even if hundreds of dollars of it fits in one sack)...LOL

6. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    hey itch2scratch i know what you mean on the hundreds in gear. thought i was good to go.:rolleyes: then had to go and get a boat, finding out this is a hole nother game. but as you said i will have something awsome to show for it,well unless i put myself plum into bankrupcy;) .

7. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    They say a boat is just a hole in the water that you sink money into . . . I just got a pontoon boat . . . :rolleyes: I guess I have 2 holes in the water :)

None the less "sinking" money seems so fun!

:0a22:

8. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    My fishing tackle is like this puter, I don't want to figure out how much I got in either, I know it's to much, but since I quit drinking and smoking, seems like there's enough money to pay for everything in cash now or at least most of the time. Seem to have a lot more now too, money and tackle. I took a lot of years to do it though, sure wouldn't want to go back....lol

9. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Well, I look at it this way: 1. There are worse things that I could be spending my money on; 2. My money is supporting multiple aspects of American commerce, so I am doing my part to keep the economy healthy; 3. I am also supporting state & federal park systems by paying launch fees. Just doing my patriotic part :D