THE POWER PLANT

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by BIG GEORGE, Jul 19, 2009.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Got out with Tom (CopyCat ) today. We hit the water at about 6:15 am. Water temp was 76 with a lite wind. Man it was a good day. Haven't fished with Tom in quite a while. Well we made up for it today. LOL! An entire incomein tide as well as a good chunk of out goin. We threw everything at em today. Liver,perch,eel,clam and gut pockets. They were groovein on the liver, gut pockets and clam in that order. Did quite a bit of fishin today around the power plant. A couple of workers came out on the pier and was shootin the breeze with us. Well here come to find out they were blowin out the water intake lines today and he told us where to go. So we did. LOL! Good call. Tom nailed a 10# the biggest fish of the day. We caught a mess of fish to say the least. Most of todays fish came from 4 to 12 feet of water. It was dam good day. Why so many different baits you ask. Channel cat fishin be that way. Ya best be prepared for them suckers. LOL! Heres a few pics to bore ya. LOL!

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Some more for ya,

Attached Files:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those are some nice fish, Big George and CopyCat(Tom).

4. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Right on Dude !!!!!!

That is what it is all about !!!!!!!

Thanks for shareing ,

cliff

5. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    Looks like a good day of fishin. Thanks for the pics:cool2:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    BG it looks like your improving with age.:smile2: Nice fish. Thanks for the pics. WTG.

7. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Way to go. Thanx for the pix looks like you enjoyed a fun day. Stay safe and you've already stuck some pigs!!!:wink:

8. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    BG,

You are my hero as usual. I salted three big packs of liver yesterday; added garlic to one pack as variety. Between that and some cut bait, I'm hoping for a good day Tuesday with my nephew.
    I love the channel cats..good eating and easy to fillet. Just wish I could find me another decent electric fillet knife. This new one I have is already burning and doesn't do nearly as well as my old one.

By the way.. and I know I could probably hunt it down somewhere on here, but, your rig?

I've been using just a bait holder hook and a split shot. I'm thinking I'm going to try using a bait caster weight on the end of my line and tie my hook on the line up about a foot. I think it's called a carolina rig.. not sure. Learn me!

You guys look like you had a ball out there. I just love those smiles. The fish were nice ones too!

9. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the story and congrats on the catches!!

10. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    congrats big george on the channels&thanks for the pics

11. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congrats on a great day of cattin' guys!, nice report and pics as usual :wink::big_smile:.

12. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Way to go George. Congrats on some nice fishing there.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Way to go George and Tom! :big_smile: Sounds like you guys had a blast! Great bunch of pics! :cool2:

14. jerseycat10

jerseycat10 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Nice catch guys which power plant were you Fishin George??

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

The big old coal fired one down in Logan Township. How you been dude? LOL!

16. jerseycat10

jerseycat10 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Been pretty good up until a couple weeks ago puter went and had itself a total meltdown finally after I thought it was my account here at the BOC. Then last week I find out I may have mouth cancer and now Im just a miserable SOB with a fishin rod in muh hand. Waiting to hiyt the dr's in a little while for some more tissue samples and maybe the lake when I get back:wink:

17. jerseycat10

jerseycat10 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I was worried yall were fishin my honey hole at the Duck Island Power plant and was gonna ask how yall got around the toll booth I set up at the entrance way :smile2:

18. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    congrats on the mess of fish....:wink::wink::wink:

19. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Congratulations on the good catch and thanks for sharing.