The Poodle

Discussion in 'Northern Pike Fishing' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 19, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We were fishing w/ a guide on Lake Vermillion in northern Minnesota a few years back. We were targeting large Northern & Muskie. We were hitting the coves, sight fishing for the fish. We were catching a few but nothing big, about like the rest of the folks. We couldnt find the "go to bait", Husky Jerks, Bucktail Spinners, etc.... just having a little luck here & there. We hit one cove espically hard that was known to have massive Northern, but didn't have any luck. We were all of a sudden startled by a little old lady screamin & freaking out at the edge of her dock. She was terrified and talking about someone/something falling off the dock, Oh no, we feared the worse, she had a young grandchild or something like that fall off & they were drowning. We sped over, along w/ a couple more boats of Northern/Muskie fishermen. Our guide was trying to calm the lady down, trying to make sense of the situation, while everyone else was looking for a bobbing body or disturbence in the water. Finally the lady was making sense and we could understand her, she whimpered "My little poodle was sitting on the dock w/ me & fell in, then a HUGE Pike or Muskie came by & ate him". We sort of had a puzzleed look on our faces and were all quite until a guy in the boat next to us hollared: "Hey, What Color Was Your Poodle" :lol: :smile2: :lol: :smile2: :lol: :smile2: :smile2: :lol: :smile2: :haha: :0a23:

Get it?

Okay well it may not have happened to us, but our guide did say it happened.

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    LOL...that is hialrious

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Uhhhhhhhh, lost on this one brother. Blonde moment I guess, LMAO.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

disturbing but funny:cool2: :wink: :big_smile:

5. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Mellon you ain't rite, My wife see's this she'll freek, we have 2 toy poodles and they go everywhere we go, even fishing, their just like kids,( oh yea , what color were they) ?...........

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Man Mellonhead I am gonna show this to the wife she has a toy poodle or puddle dog as i call them she is gonna whoop you upside the head lol. Funny joke but lie said before disturbing lol No wonder you fish in a pay lake. :roll_eyes:

7. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    thats some funny stuff there mellon but how true (what color) lmao

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I kid you not, our guide, really said this happened, must have been pushing 10 years ago now though.