The Polar Express!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Netmanjack, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I may have a new favorite Christmas movie. Last night my grandson Riley and I watched The Polar Express Wow! what a good movie. Riley just turned five and the movie kept our interest the whole time! We roasted hot dogs on the fire and drank hot chocolate. We decided that we would make this a new tradition for the holidays. We had such a good time that it made me sad to think that I wont be able to be with him every year and with his kids and theirs. Such is the bitter sweet truth of really wonderful moments in life. I will have many more I hope. Never having had a Grand father or Father you can see why these moments in time are so very important to me. Please take the time to help make a special memory for your little ones and yourself this Holiday season. Happy Holidays!:smile2:

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    cherish the memories.. we grow up fast! lol

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Every time I watch that movie with my kids, I always have something stuck in my eyes at the end and makes my eyes tear up.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I know zactly where your coming from I think I've watched Polar Express about 6 times this week and its starting to grow on me

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Jack,

Thanks so much for sharing those precious thoughts and memories with us!

I haven't seen that movie yet. May have to rent it, soon.

Take care.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Cheryl

6. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Jack, thanks for the great post, I have watched that movie tree or four times and I always end up with tears in my eyes

Merry Christmas
    Sharon

7. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I've been wanting to see that movie. They advertised it for a week that it would be on regular tv. I was all prepared. Got something to snack on and was comfy on the couch. Unfortunately, the wind decided to wreck havoc that night and the movie kept coming in and out. Maybe I'll rent it.

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You won't regret it Kelli.

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I haven't watched the polar express yet. I will have to watch it this year.

10. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Thanks,anything but 24 straight hours of "Christmas Story" again!!:angry:

11. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Bought the DVD a year ago. It has been watched several times by the grandkids and myself. If you haven't seen it make it a point to.

12. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have never seen it, but it doesn't sound bad.

13. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Its on tv tonight, ABCFamily channel.

14. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Aww, we missed it last night. Had a band Christmas concert... but I'll watch for it on tv again, or rent it.
    Thanks for the heads-up, Jack... gotta treasure those special times. By the way, my lil granddaughter will be 3 on Christmas Eve. Every time we talk, she tells me I gotta send her a guitar, so... thanks to the Discovery Channel store online, there's one on its way to her :big_smile: Who could resist such a sweet little munchkin? Wish she wasn't all the way up in Michigan, but sure is nice to hear her babble 100 mph on the phone :smile2: Merry Christmas!

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    It is a great movie the only thing I cant stand is the graphics of the people its a little creepy.

16. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    did anyone hear about the little boy who got his christmas list to santa "return to sender"... poor guy.. his parents said when they saw his letter they were speechless and the boy saw them lookin at it and figured it out.

17. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Yeah Jack that is a good movie, Im glad you and your little buddy had that time , I love when I actually get a half a sec to spend with them in precious moments like that

18. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Ok, we DVR'd it last night, plan to watch it this weekend