the plural form of a cactus is?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by trippyclwn, Oct 31, 2005.

1. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i was just wanting to let you parents out there to know to keep your eyes and ears out on your kids homework and spelling tests!
    my step daughter brought home a plural worksheet and she only missed one on it technically.
    she missed cacti which is the dictonary version of more than one cactus.
    because the TEACHERS GRADE BOOK was wrong she missed it and there was NO WAY the teacher would change it even when the teacher told us our stepdaughter got it right but she had to go by the book on her grading! yee hawww i love when webster gets put aside and the teachers turn their heads to what is right.
    makes you wonder who wrote their books huh? lol

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Well then she teaches from a book written by a bunch of retardi.

3. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! lol and this is the school that is teaching the kids? maybe they need to get a teachers exam for them or screen the people who decide to print teachers books lol

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    good one sal,

retardi - one whose head is too far up their politically correct/incorrect arse.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sounds lazy to me. teacher knows her book is wrong yet doesn't bring it to the attention of the right people to fix the problem. Lazy or she knows it is a waste of time to tell anyone about it.
    Much easier to miss one and be done with it.

Its getting to hard to go back and change paper work without getting the thrid degree or having to go to court over it. LOL.

Now I know who to blame my spelling on. which is is correct. Cat or Kat. :D

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Quote by TRIPPY
    "the plural form of cactus is"

I call them A bunch of #*&% dern Sticken !)^%$$$&#ers

guess that might not be correct :confused:

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    boy. makes ya wonder sometimes don't it??? she gets it wrong cause someone else is stupid. :eek: thats when ya should go tell the teacher. "heres your sign". :glare:

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    What did the teachers grade book say?My Websters shows TI or TUSES as plurals.

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Yes I'm curious to know that answer too. Trippy, you can object to the school board, principal, etc.

10. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    We've had run-ins with our teachers too. Our children will bring home papers and we will scrutinize them thoroughly. We have written notes to teachers and talked to them personally when they mistakenly mark answers incorrect.
    Is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable? That was one of the questions we had to argue with the teachers. I feel your pain Bro!

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

It is classified as a fruit, but my mind sees and thinks of it as a vegetable, perhaps we could reclassify it?

LOL

12. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    while we're reclassifying tomatoes, lets call burritos septic tank seeds (cause they really go directly there anyhow)

What else "feels" like it ought to be reclasified?

Uh....

The cucumber ought to be censored by the FCC

Banana trees arent trees... they shouldnt be herbs- they should be trees.

Celery shouldnt have a newer blander classification.... it ought to be put in a category for the blandest and least interesting of things... like joe lieberman and golf and sorting laundry and canadian opinions on american poiticians

Ok.... now Im just wasting silly thoughts on a post. Continue as you were. And go boot that teacher in the carcass for forcing me to act this way.

hahhahahaaaaaaa

sal