The player who could change a game

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Randync, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Name the offensive and defensive player or several who you could really change a game, with one play or several, a gamebreaker type player I guess you could call it.
    Im going with Barry Sanders on offense. He would get tackled for a loss several times a game, dancing around in the backfield. Then he would break one 80 yards. I always wished he would have been thrown the ball more, he would have been awesome on screens.
    I guess LT would be my pick of defense. When a team has to plan their entire game plan around a linebacker, then he is a gamebreaker.

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Walter Payton!!!! .. Jerry Rice could also turn a game very quickly....

Defensive Lineman Jerry Ball .. Imho he never got the fanfare he deserved. He wasn't in the "star" position such as Qb,RB, or LB and most people probably don't know who he is.. I'm not a big football fan, but I used to love watch that guy play.. Big O'l boy that tackled many a running back that got through the line downfield!! He was like having an extra Linebacker heh.. He had like +30 sacks ..

3. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    If I'm not mistaken the rule against chop blocking is also known as the "Jerry Ball Rule" because he got taken out on a chop block. I know it was a cheap shot that got him and he was pissed!

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    yes it is, it tore him up pretty good.. Unfortunately, thats how most people know the name instead of his playing :confused2:

5. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    All-time game changers:

Offense-Bo Jackson, because he was just so versatile. It's a shame he didn't just focus on football and stay healthy, because he could possibly be the all-time leading rusher. I'm happy with Emmitt Smith, though. :big_smile:

Defense-Deion Sanders, because he could change the game in so many ways. Whether it was on a punt return, kick return, or interception, he could take it the other way at any time. The only corner who could absolutely shut down their side of the field. Sanders also has the best break-away speed I've ever seen.

Current game changers:

Offense-Randy Moss, because he's such a threat downfield. Much faster than most defensive backs in the NFL, with a deep ball throwing QB(Aaron Brooks), there's no telling what kind of numbers he'll put up this season.

Defense-Ray Lewis, because no matter where the ball goes, he's right there. One of THE BEST linebackers of all time hands down in my opinion. It also doesn't hurt that he's the most intimidating player in the NFL.

6. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w

I agree with this 100% Ray Lewis is one of the all time greats. He's always on the ball.

7. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Jim brown for the offense And Lawrence Taylor for defense watch the 86 and 90 super bowls especially 90 lawrence was unstopable