The Planets Align

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by ratkinson, Jun 8, 2008.

1. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Did you ever have one of those fishing trips that just goes better then you could imagine it? I got phone call from my buddy on Friday, he says '"I got my boat in the water.....wanna go out on the lake?" The wife says yes on 10 minutes notice........right then I knew there were larger forces at work. We spend the first hour in the deepest part of the lake. This is his routine. "Someday I'm gonna pull something out there. and it's gonna be huge!!!" That's what he always says. Then we head to my spot. The sun is just going down. We're in about 17-20 feet of water. The cut bait is doing NOTHING. I throw out a night crawler under a glow-bob down about 5 feet. Less than minute later the first cat comes, only a 2 pounder, but hey we're getting started. Every cast for the next 20 casts with than 1 minute, wait yields a cat between 2-5 lbs. Of course I ran out of the house without my camera and cooler before my wife could change her mind...LOL We had to quit early because they didn't have the dock lights up and my buddy was using camfires fires to find his way in to his campground. I have to say even though they never got real big, this was one of the more amazing 1-1 1/2 hrs of fishing I have had in a long time. The water temp was about 70-72 degrees. No wind, and just the slightest hint of a drift. The body of water was Cross Lake.

Richard

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    The only size that matters is the size of your smile!
    Sounds like you got a whopper!:big_smile:

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sounds like you had a fun trip Richard! :big_smile: Too bad you couldn't have stayed longer!

4. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sometimes your the windshield and sometimes your the bug - sounds like you were the windshield on this trip. Congrats for getting a kitchen pass and then on a nice fishing trip!

5. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Richard sounds like a great trip, thanks for the report

6. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    If I can work it out, I plan on hittinig the same area on father's day. If it works out I will bring a camera and a cooler. I know reports are so much better with photo's. Hopefully there will be a father's day fish fry in my future. Thank you everyone for the responses and PM's. It's great to have a huge bunch of friends to share things with.

Richard