Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Tyler from Indiana
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the the last full day of my vacation. Tomorrow is my transition day Then back to work on Saturday night.
I spent the day chasing largemouths. I took 2 with a hollow body frog and missed a bunch of hookups. Then I grabbed my senko rod got several more. Probably caught around a dozen total from about 12-18 inches. It was hot and the wind made boat control difficult but still had a great day on the water

Registered
Tyler from Indiana
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like they were biting. That frog being topwater would have been exciting. Love the top water hits.
Yes the frog fishing was real fun for a while but the rod I originally had the frog tied to head a broken eyelet. I moved the frog to another rod but it was a softer rod with mono line. I couldn鈥檛 drive those big hooks home and missed several fish. So it got frustrating.

Premium Member
I fished the Tennessee River years ago. There was a Polaroid plant on the river that put out heated water. Well out in the river was a very large moss bed . I would go there at night and work a snag less frog across the top of the moss and the bass would just explode out of the water after it. That was a memory I will never forget.

Tom

Registered
Tyler from Indiana
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice to see someone who isn't afraid to keep a few bass. They're basically big bluegill as far as the meat goes. Fillet them, cut them into nuggets and enjoy.
Yep I like to cut them into nuggets too. I slice the filet down the lateral line then slice the top in half thickness wise. Then chunk it up. It seems to cook more evenly that way. If you try to cook the whole filet the thinner parts get overcooked by the time the blackstrap is ready.

Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
This thread has brought to mind a memory of growing up in South Louisiana. Everyone referred to Largemouth Bass as Green Trout down there. I think I was in my teens before I realized they had another name.:)

Registered
Steven from Georgia
Nice mess!
Around here when you say green fish. You are talking about largemouth bass.

Registered
Tyler from Indiana
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And they are literally EVERYWHERE
Yep, I probably catch 100 bass for every one walleye in the waters I fish. For some reason lots of people thinks it鈥檚 unsportsmanlike to take a bass. The same people will tell you that you鈥檙e crazy if you release a walleye. I to take a reasonable harvest of either. I always obey the size and bag limits.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts