The one that got away!

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by south_va_fisherman, Jul 20, 2007.

1. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    I went fishing yesterday evening, and hooked into a bass that ending weighing 10.2lbs. Biggest bass I had ever caught and ever seen. I caught him standing on the bank casting a Gamakatsu purple stick, wacky rigged at some stumps in the water. Just cast and left fall, reel in a little and let it fall. then he hit! i was SCARED TO DEATH my 10lb line would snap and i would lose him. Well after a short fight which resulted in him swiming right up to me, we weighed it, and proceeded to getting my picture taken. then he thrashed like crazy and flew out of hands! into the water of course:angry:
    my first trophy fish and the only proof i have is my own word and my friend bj's..:confused2:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Charles thanks for sharing your bass story. Be thankful you landed him and got to weigh it. Congrats on a great catch. I have never landed one that size.:cool2::cool2:

3. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    ha congrats thats a great fish!!!!! sounds like what happend to me with my big carp!!!!!!

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats, I think I can ya can belive ya. :smile2:

5. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    CHARLES DONT WORRY ABOUT IT ,YOU GOT TO HOLD HIM AND YOU HAVE THE MEMORY NOW YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF FISH ARE THERE ,SO GO BACK AN CATCH A BIGGER ONE ,JUST HOLD ON TIGHT AN GET SOME PICS:wink:

6. Jnorman

Jnorman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's always tough. Sure would of liked to see a pic of that fish:sad2:. After having a couple 10+ hybrids do that, the first thing I do is scoot back ten or fifteen feet from the shoreline. A few years back my uncle lost a nice walleye. My guess is he was pushing 7 pounds. He got him off the hook and held him up to take a look, then the next thing we know he's flopping toward the water. I thought my uncle was gonna jump in after him lol Anyway, Congrats on the fish and sorry he got away. You'll just have to go catch you a bigger one :big_smile:

7. Redb

Redb New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sorry you lost him, that's one nice fish!