The "ONE" that got away!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Drawout, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Just your average fishing trip slow and bugs are biting and flying in your mouth.Talking to your buddy about 13255426 things that dont even pretain to fishing.When all of the sudden wham Fish on!! You set the hook hes pulling drag, u anticipate how big the cat is going to be and then uh oh your so called Catfish swims toward the bank but doesnt stop in the shallow water he keeps going now he looks like a wide receaver running down the bank lmao,Its a Beaver.A Beaver that doesnt slow down he just pulls all the line out of your reel,now thats Fishing lol.

This happened to a buddy of mine a couple of years ago on catfish charlie i think the Beaver just swam by and got snagged but it was very exciting!

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Wow Jonny, now that is one for the books! Never heard anything like it and thanks for the story!

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Yes it was crazy i was just sitting here remembering it and thought i would share it thx for reading.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It would've been ineresting had he got it in the boat... if there was a boat...:lol:

5. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    lol funny story

6. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Yes their was a boat but he never stood a chance that beaver was very powerful.

7. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Was bass fishing years ago with a buddy of mine. Shad Rap crank baits had just come out and were hard to find and expensive when you found them, he had one tied on and made a long cast. Then he yelled for the net, his pole was bent double and his drag was screaming. He finally got it turned and almost back to the boat when the biggest beaver in Arkansas, with a Shad Rap in his butt, came boiling out of the water right beside the boat. He got him up to the boat 2 or 3 times and kept saying, all I want is my bait back, but every time he'd reach for the bait that beaver would swap ends and lunge at him, he ended up cutting his line and donating the Shad Rap to Mr. Beaver.

8. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I have actually caught a musk rat while fishing for flat heads... I fought and fought and fought, then I realized what it was... I weighed my options cut my losses and saved my arm... that was one angry musk rat!!!!

9. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Sam i bet that was exciting too bad about the new lure :sad2:

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is funny, wonder what the record is for beaver in your area. You could of had the new state record by R+R. LMAO

11. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    That was the good part, it was my buddy's plug. I might could have helped him get it back, but after we saw it was a beaver and I watched him nearly get eat-up try'n to get that Shad Rap back, I was too busy rolling around in the boat laughing to be much help.

12. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Hah! Funny beaver stories!

13. perch

perch New Member

State:
    Moberly, Missouri
    Now that's funny! lmao

14. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member