The old cable bridge in Warsaw MO

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mavmannate, Aug 18, 2009.

1. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    anybody know where the closest boat ramp is to that? and i have a 14ft vbottom boat with a small 4hp motor. are the waters too rough for that? my grandpa lives right there and ima go visit him, but if i cant really get around with my boat around there, i wont take my truck to go fishing. (gas guzzeling 1988)

thanks!!

2. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well the ramp behind the police department is close and if the aren't running water your 4 horse will be fine.

3. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    cool. thanks
    but.... how do i know if they are running water, or will begin too while im in the boat. ie: how often do they do that and on what occasion.

thanks a bunch.

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    They have a number you can call to find out when and how much water they will be running. I dont know it but someone on here will post the number.

Tom

5. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  6. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
  7. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
  8. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    Also they will turn a buzzer on when they run water. I am not sure if you can hear it at the old bridge.

9. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    The number is 918 5956779 When they answer they will ask where you want and you say truman. They give 24 hour flow rates and you can check for 3 days. Some of the time there wright.

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    There's not enough water in Truman Lake for them to run more than maybe 1 generator every now and then. You and your 4 hp boat will be fine on the river. In the worst case, if they start running water while you're out there and you have to get back upstream, just hug the shoreline and you'll be fine - there's less current there. But it's truly not going to be a problem for you unless we get a lot of rain and the lake takes a big rise.

11. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    You'll see the water marks on the rocks around the boat ramp. Or you can look at the water and see if it looks like it is swift.

12. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Yes the boat ramp by the police station is the closest. There is a ramp up by the dam but I think they charge a daily fee there. Sounds like the fishing is better up on the truman side. You can use the ramps at the state park for free there.

13. catboy1

catboy1 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    The closest ramp is the old city park ramp. The first road that turns north just off the east end of the new bridge on 7 goes right to it . It's less than a quarter mile on the left. You will see it , it's right by the road.:wink: