The okies at it again

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by poopdeck [patrick], Aug 23, 2009.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Mrs Okie just called me to brag about the 21 pounder she just caught. Her and Scott sure love to fish and I am just so happy they are catching them. I am sure they will have a big story to tell when they get back.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Patrick you going to get it now ,letting the cat out of the bag ,before Mrs Okie can tell her story . If you aint careful instead of purring at you she will be roaring at you :wink::smile2:

3. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    dang... 5:30am to 6pm on my fav spot and i got 2 drum ... this is a 42ft hole rock dike with tons of water flow ..

Skipjack,Shad,bluegill all Fresh not frozen... secret 7's and worms on 5 poles :eek:oooh:

geez.

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    They're down there sniping my holes!!! :crazy::crazy::crazy::wink::wink::wink:

5. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    lol..:crazy:

6. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I didn't say where they were at:smile2:

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I know.....they did!!!!

8. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Gee, Rat, since you haven't got to go fishing this week, we was just checking to make sure there were still fish there. We didn't hurt the population real bad so you are good to go whenever you can.

9. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    :roll_eyes::smile2::roll_eyes::smile2::roll_eyes::smile2:
    We looked for ya:crazy:

10. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Rat
    I hate to break the news but your holes are well know hang outs for all the fishermen on the river. It was like a parade with boats coming and going all evening..saw several of the gateways guys coming by to say hello...:big_smile: :big_smile:

We only hooked up on a 21 and a 12. We had several slams but never hooked up on them. I will be changing out some rigging before next trip..:angry: :angry:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  11. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Whew!! That makes me feel much better!!!:wink::wink::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Just kidding!!! I'm glad you all got out there and caught something! More than I can say here of late! Good job!!!:big_smile::big_smile:

12. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Okie, how many fish did you guys boat? Catching fish wasn't an issue catching fish with any size was the issue.:embarassed:
    I was supposed to have the boys back by 7pm because they had school today, needless to say I was a little late and now I'm in the doghouse.:smile2: I warned them, if they struggled getting up for school mom would never let me take them out on a school night again.I sure hope the boys didn't have a hard time getting up!:eek:oooh: But you know what, I only have one boy that enjoys fishing and my other one you have to pull teeth to get him on the boat, so when he told me he wanted to go fishing I jumped at the bit. We had a blast! If I have to take a little heat so be it!!:roll_eyes:

13. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Way to go Okie an Scott. Always glad to hear some fishing success.

14. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    The boys where definitely having a good time..some times a man has to do what a man has to do....:wink: :wink:
    We only boated the 2 fish but we where getting slammed like crazy on the spot you showed us. Just couldn't get them to hook up..:angry: :angry: Don't worry I want show Rat where the spot is...:smile2: :smile2: :big_smile: :big_smile:

15. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Kind of funny before Gateway Cats you would never see a boat anywhere down there I wonder why theres so many boats??? Oh well it will probally end up just like pool 27 did "over fished." Just keep on posting those pics:big_smile::big_smile: boys.

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Perhaps Justin, but keep in mind all the Gateway Folks Catch and Release. :wink: Fishies are still there. Just perhaps a little bit wiser :smile2:

And I've been fishing up there on an off for about 10 years. Seems it comes and goes up there. I know there was a flury of activity up that way 2 years ago as well during the summer months, and that was long before Gateway Cats came into existence. Everyone goes where the bite takes em I reckon.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  17. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Those are very true words, but are you 100% sure all Gateway folks are catch & release, are you sure that everyone that a Gateway member takes fishing w/ them are 100% catch & release folks and what about the hundreds that just hang around the Gateway Cat threads just to see whats being caught and where?????? Sorry if this all sounds selfish its just the waterfowler in me i guess?? Please take all of this w/ a grain of salt but I will never forget when Puritt caught that record fish everyone and there brother went out and bought rod holders and overnight became trophy catfishermen. I'm not the only one that feels this way i'm just the one dumb enough to talk about it.

18. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    I know what your saying and i agree. Its not to good to publicize information where they are, then it could get fished out.
    I can say for my self (Gateway Member) Every fish i caught in the Missouri & Mississippi this year i released.
    But went i go to Kentucky in May, i fish for eater size.

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Never let on that I was a CPR only fellow. I love to jug out a bunch of channels or even blues, but those are normally in the 2-7 lb range. I never keep anything over 10 lb's except years ago before I started using circle hooks, I kept gut hooked fish of any size.
    I don't fish tournaments & I aint caught much of anything for so long now that I could know all the secret honey holes & still come up empty handed.:sad2:

20. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Justin, I really don't know if I am taking what you are saying with a grain of salt. I don't know if your comments were aimed directly at us or if you just chose to post your feelings on this thread. Fishing is a way of life for us. We have fished all over the US and have made some great friends with some of the local folks that we have met while fishing. We have stumbled upon Gateway Cats and it has been great for us. We have asked questions and a great number of the guys have answered our questions, offering tips and suggestions. We have been fishing with some of the guys and have learned alot from them. We have caught some fish and loved every minute of it. Every fish we have caught have been turned back into the water but one flathead, which we put in the grease. I know we are not native to this area, but for the time being it is our home. We have bought out of state fishing license for both Illinois and Missouri and we try our dead level best to abide by all fishing regulations. We have purchased tackle from some of the local tackle and bait shops and have paid our dues to Gateway Cats. We have participated in tournaments and have tried to be productive members of the organization and the fishing community. I get as much enjoyment in catching a 5# fish as I would a world record. I just like to feel the jerk on line.

If for some reason, we have overstepped our bounds for fishing in some of the areas where others fish or that have been shown to us by other members, then I would like to apologize. My understanding that the Gateway Cats and the BOC were places to pass on information and to help the brother/sister fisherfolks and to help educate the people to be more conservation savvy.

You talk about others hanging around Gateway site trying to garner information and fishing locations, well, as long as it is an open forum, there will always be folks that are not members around. Disparaging remarks such as yours sure won't help the future membership to Gateway Cats.

Mrs. Okie