The Ohio River may hit flood stage this weekend.

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by kitsinni, Jan 26, 2010.

1. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
  2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know I was planning on hitting the Muskingum this weekend again, gotta see where the river stage ends up going. rollo

3. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    Yep it is already getting a little nasty. The public landing is closed and the only thing I could catch while cast netting today was a bunch of wood and a single white bass. I think it is going to be a while until I get out on the river again.

4. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    I have been out on the river when it was around 40 ft before....definitley very nasty and wont be doing that again...

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Sounds like it would be a good time to hit the tributaries. The back water pool at the mouth that will be slow moving because the Ohio is so full. Have had good luck fishing these pools on smaller rivers before.

6. Roadblock

Roadblock New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I went this past Saturday down at the Maysville KY boat dock, and It was up about 2 feet and strong current at that time. I fished anyway, caught 6 mudpuppies. I figure fishing is a no go for a couple of weeks anyway. :(

7. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was not going to fish this weekend anyway. Good thing is that means I won't have to hide and cry about the river being up. Now if I can't get in the next week you all will definitely hear me bawling...

8. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Travis and I are planning on kayaking this weekend! Were gonna start at maysville and end at the public landing in Cinci. My question is, will they let you lock through a kayak? It was his Idea, he saids it is easy so Ill give it a try! Would you guys trust him?

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When you enter the lock, grab a couple floating logs, put your yak across them, so when you lock down, you will have a pontoon! Be more stabile for ya Robin to land that big blue! :cute: rollo

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I am putting the boat in at the home plate of great American Ball park, fish on! I wish the river would flood backwards, so all of the nice fish would end up in our pool!:laugh1:

11. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Stop that!!!!!! She's going 22ft over normal pool in Owensboro,up,up,up and Nasty.

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guys, the Muskingum is nothing like the Ohio and what you deal with, but I am considering going still this weekend. It is running around 15ft. right now. Heck, if I have motor issues I may reach you all in a couple hours, save me a spot! LOL.. rollo

13. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Dude!! Your gonna have to change your avatar. Those are the 8 nicest.... I mean 4 best lookin.... I meant....... Dam those yellow stripes in that parking lot are bright!!:laugh1:

14. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Travis has a 2 seater kayak rollo!!! pink one. You 2 would be so cute yakin down the Ohio with little pink boggins on your heads. Hell Ill even sew a few boc emblems on the hats for ya. Warning for ya though, Travis is a lazy arss and you will find you will be the only one paddlin. No problems with that though, you guys should be on plain!!!:laugh1:

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I didn't know you were in to sewing? My grandma used to knit also, make quilts, blankets etc. for the family. .:wink: Anyways, back to paddlin, yaking, floating, lol... Is the front of the boat better to fish or the back? Pink? NAH.... Come on man.. I dunno what Travis does for a living, but I know I have a real job, not fabricating fleese throw overs for the couch!:laugh1: rollo

16. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Robin shouldn't be talking, dude doesnt work all winter and I couldnt pay him to go fishing with me. He did say he was having alot of cramps, I know he had a pretty nasty yeast infection last week. Atleast thats what his wife told me when we went out to dinner!:kissing::wink:

17. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    So thats where she was!!! Thats where she must have picked up her nasty infection.:drink::male-fighter1: Oh well, atleast somebodys gettin it.:secret: She warned me not to get fat or else.

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guys, I like to talk on here,,, But,, LMFAO.. I am gonna bow out of this one! :biggrin: YOU both have fun this weekend together! Don't kill each other... Can't wait for the next update! :Happy: rollo

19. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    I went down and looked at the river yesterday, since I go to school right by it. It looks pretty nasty. I don't think I have enough weight to keep my bait on the bottom. I am thinking next thursday or friday may be a good day to go out again.

20. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    What the hell man???? You aint comin? I just got your hat done!! lil pinkun. Travis and I lettered the right side of the yak "Rollos Ride". Don't let us down. Im to fat 2 swim to the bank if I fall out. Im uhsceared travis may not risk his own life to save mine when I dive out of the yak with my cheetah thong on. I may need your help.