The Official Hurrican Rita thread

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    she is a cat 5 now....

HURRICANE RITA TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATE
    NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
    255 PM CDT WED SEP 21 2005

DATA FROM RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT INDICATE THAT RITA HAS REACHED
    CATEGORY FIVE INTENSITY WITH ESTIMATED MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE
    WINDS OF 165 MPH. THIS WILL BE REFLECTED IN THE 4 PM CDT ADVISORY.

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who are in the path of this storm. My understanding is that it may even reach Oklahoma.

God Speed to anyone who is evacuating.

3. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    At least this time people are actually evacuating, and the governor of Texas is doing a lot to make sure people get out. I was watching him speak today and he has mobilized like 5,000 national guard and have tons of transportation to get the elderly, poor and disabled out of harms way. I wish the storm would just vaporize, but whoever is in the way of this storm needs to just get everything important from their house and leave. God bless everyone down there in Texas or wherever this thing hits.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    seen that a bit ago. 5 with winds at 175 mph. i sure hope it calms down a bit soon. our sponser texas select seasonings owner william powell and another member that is his close neighbor beandaddy have been evacuated as they in santa fe tx. hoping the best for en. not looking good.

5. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I just filled up last night,[ 1 truck and 2 cans-- 86 dollars, glad I was not empty. lol ] as gas will be 3-4 dollars by this weekend. IMHO Lot's of oil facilitys will be affected, Oil companys don't need much of an excuse to jack up the price.

I feel sorry for those folks having these things happen, These things run in cycles and we are in the start of a cycle, Some people blame globel warming but I read where Mars is warming up too. LOL LOL Maybe these people will figure out that the sun has something to do with it. lol

Hey those folks have not seen real bad weather in 40 years so they get complacient. Katreana woke them up.

I cuss at all the snow we get here during the winter, but at least I can shovel it out of my driveway, can't do that with water. Every area in the country has good points and bad. We get tornados during the spring and lots of snow during the winter.

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    They was saying that for gas to go up to 3-4 a gallon that the price of crude would be $90 now I seem to remeber that crude was 70 with Katrina and it went up that high what gives can you say price gouging :confused:

7. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Silly thought for ya.

All the meteorologists keep saying that Rita will hit cooler water and should weaken. Why hasn't someone come up with a way to drastically cool the water in front of a hurricane to cause it to weaken?

8. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    They have tried exacly that, but hurricanes are just to massive and its just to large an area consideringthey the time it takes to spred the chemical they use, before they can get it spred it starts to break up in the water.

9. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    We were just put under a mandatory evacuation in our area in south Louisiana. Our base here at work is full up with helicopters that will be needed to be relocated today. Man what a mess. I hope the storm does not turn much more north. Will have to get everything tied down and boarded up today at home. I hope for the best for everyone in the path of the storm.

10. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    good luck scout, and God Speed

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    more refineries in the way of a hurricane, plus, there are a couple of nuclear reactors that will be shut down.

this country runs on energy and the more crunch we take to our energy sources, the harder hit will be the nations economy...translation - the taxpayer wallet

12. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I wish you the best of luck. where are you gonna move the helicopter(town) When I was at Ft. Polk we moved ours to Ft. Chaffey once.

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    "don't need an excuse to jack up gas." hahahahaha. the freaking manager at the rig spills his coffee any more its going up $.30. this is a absolute joke and i hope someone with guts or no brains make a big public statement as to it. with a big cannon. its stand up time. we have reserves for emergencies. but no. we hang on to them in case we need to bomb someone. cant blow up a country without gas. give it up bush you oil wealthy bumb. america is dying on this gas crap. we cant afford to go to work. enough of the country is on welfare that can work. this forces others to not be ble to afford to go to work. unlock the reserves and drop gas cause there ain't no shortage and never has been. gas theft on the rise. wonder why.get real america. this is a scam by the oil companies. we have had wars out the yen yan, and hurracaines every year as long as time its self since our fragile existance. this is a get rich scheme. its time america stands up. we need to rebel or something. this is just another gas gouge. im pi$$ed. can't ya tell???????????????????????????

14. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Well Rita's winds are starting to be felt here. We are all boarded up and riding it out here at home. Got the boat all tied up so it does not get blown away lol. They say we should get some 100 mph winds tonight. We were on the good side of Katrina but we are on the bad side of Rita. My thoughts are with all those in the direct path of the storm. Thanks for the well wishes Top and Tdawg. Top our helocopters are heading to the pineville area in northern Louisiana. If we still have power I will try and update later.

15. GS-Rock

GS-Rock New Member

State:
    FORT SILL, OK
    ALCON:

Hurricane Rita is expected to make landfall in Texas early Saturday morning with the remnants affecting the Fort Sill area Sunday - Monday. The current projected path and local weather predictions are below. 30 mph sustained winds and 3-5 inches or more of rain are possible as a result of Rita.

Be mindful of safety at all times: Secure items that could be blown around by wind or wind gusts.

Keep personnel and property away from trees.

Do no drive through low water crossing. Fast flowing water six inches deep can make you lose control of your vehicle.

Know the location of storm shelters

Review the Weather Safety Guide in your area.

Check weather frequently through local NWS website ( http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/ ), NOAA weather radio, local television/radio

Weather Predictions:

Current Projected path for Hurricane Rita is attached: Current indications are a turn to the northeast, with most wind/rain affecting South Central/ South East OK.

Attached Files:

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    surprise surprise, new orleans is starting to flood anew from rita

and that moron nagin wanted people to come back home to NO

17. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Thats right Phil, and they want to rebuild right where threy are now.

Do you have a extra $400 tax money you want to give them? They want to rebuild the shacks with nice new houses. Wonder how long they will stay that way?

18. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope everyone in the path of this hurricane rides through it ok, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

The gas is just another issue that I have to agree with cats4uand me it's gotten out of hand! This is total BS!!! :cursing:

19. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Randall and any others in the path of this storm, I wish you the best of luck!
    You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Randall, sorry I missed you when I called today. I hope all is well. Give us a shout when the storm subsides and let us know you are OK.

20. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

Hootowlc3, i came to the conclusion long ago, in my world there is no such thing as extra money :crying: