The Official Daytona 500 Thread

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Phil Washburn, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    check out the final practice speeds. schrader is at the top. a lot of these veterans can get the job done. the problem is getting someone to go with them to the front. if the vets stand together, they could beat some of these young snots.

it would be very cool to see elliot, schrader, jarrett, marlin, martin, and terry labonte form a train and smoke the race.:D heck, i wouldn't even mind seeing kyle get up there with them. he actually has a decent car this time:blink:

i know, i've probably been standing to close to an exhaust pipe:conc-big:

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2006/1/data/practice6_speeds.html

2. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bill

3. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Finally Its Race Day!!!!!

4. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Yep! I've been waiting for this too!

Green flag !

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    who wants to venture a guess on the big wreck? will there be 2 of them? will they come early or late?

i say two of them. maybe about 75 to 100 laps in, and then one real late....say somewhere around 25 laps or less left.

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Watched the Busch race yesterday, they were 3 wide 3 cars back in the final laps, WOW. Could be a very exciting race today toward the end.

7. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    well i would have to say "tires boys tires" if the car is not right it's going to eatem up.. hope there isn't a big one but i'm sure there is going to be atleast one crash, more and likely from a tire or rookey mistake.. just hope everyone makes it through..

8. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I tell you what, Tony stewart is nothing but a dirty driver. I wish I could drive against him one time. It would be nothing but the wall for that low life. If he can't beat you , he will wreck you. DIRTY DRIVER!!!Plain and simple.

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    You got that right.
    Stewart suxs.......

10. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    they sure penalized him for wiping out the 17 car! all the way back to the end of the longest line! and the 17 got penalized at least 2 laps for flipping him off! WHAT A JOKE! I DON'T ROOT FOR THE 8 CAR BUT I HOPE STEWART MESSES WITH HIM AND JR WALLS HIM!

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I'm not a Stewart fan but I love the guy for being Tony Stewart.
    Just like the old school.

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    gotta disagree with you mark - stewart should have been sat down for running kenseth to the grass....at the very least a one lap penalty...that is just a punk move by a thug driver.

kenseth displayed his dislike for that move and now he is 2 laps down while stewart is still in contention for the win

that is a bunch of crap

13. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I been keeping up with the sport for 30 years. My years of watching it are numbered though because of the whiners.
    We need more Tony attitudes. Those attitudes are what made the sport.
    These little whiney go-cart racers didnt.

14. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I'm a Stewart fan and all I got to say is "what the hell was he thinking"?
    :0a28:
    there was no call for that, he screwed Kenseth.:thumbdown:eek:

15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    mark, i've been a fan for 35+ years...and i drove a stock car for several years. you ever own and drive a race car mark?

the move tony did could have caused a big wreck - he doesn't give a damn about the people around him when he does something that jeopardizes their safety. call me a whiner if you want, but when someone runs over me or tries to hurt me i am going to tell them about it.

how would you like to race against tony and have him wreck you? are you telling me you would be quiet if someone with an ego and attitude problem wrecked your car and put you in the hospital at the cost of tens of thousands of dollars?

real men don't act like hoodlums.....what tony did is no different than if took a sledge hammer to kenseths car in the middle of the night as far as i am concerned. he intended to wreck him and his car - that is a deliberate act of vandalism.

16. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Whatever Mark, if you take poop and paint it, you still have poop. It still stinks to. Its real funny that he was the one WHINING about bumping all week. What a loser.

17. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Now you see what was created this week.
    You got a driver questioning why so and so wasn't penalized for aggressive driving.
    The thing wrong with this picture. It is a race track , the speeds are in excess of 185 MPH, it is after all a car RACE. What it is not is rush hour on the freeway.

Phil, the lousiest driver out there makes more money in one season then most make in a lifetime.
    If you dont want your gun scratched, dont take it hunting.

This a joke, black flags for racing aggressive.
    Remember what I said about the WWF?

18. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    That is WHY we have rules in ALL sports. What works for others, works for him as well. They black flag ,Busch, but not Little Tony. What gives. Nascar needs some competition.

19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Yea, but this sport writes the rules week to week.
    Racing a car is aggressive driving in itself.
    Now you have a sanctioning body trying to define aggressive driving while putting 43 cars on a super speedway with restrictor plates and from 1st place to last place on the track seperation is 1/2 a second.

Are they supposed to race or is this supposed to be the WWF parade?
    Racing has to retain credibility. That is done through through different teams and above all each driver remaining in possesion of his own personality.

20. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Lap 47 and he takes Gordan, kinda early in the match to be driving like that.
    Definetly no call for running Kensith off. Now he makes the 5th position at the end. Busch should of taken him out all the way.