The oddest thing you have seen in the turkey woods

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by KATMANDO, Apr 28, 2006.

1. KATMANDO

KATMANDO New Member

mine was today. had gobbling come from across a 200 yrd opening between two woodlots everything i did got a response. it got to 50 yrd and i was thinking this is nice. it was 3 jakes not a beard on any of them. they had there way with my decoy till it fell over. they thought they were the kings of the woods.

2. hunterman1971

hunterman1971 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Thats something you should filmed it

3. KATMANDO

KATMANDO New Member

its always the one time you dont take the camcorder!!!!!!:0a7:

4. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    A few years ago I actually convinced my aunt to go turkey hunting with me. She didnt have any came so she wore a dark blue jacket and light blue jeans. I went and laid down in the brush in front of here and she just stood back behind a tree. I didnt think it would ever work. She started to call and three nice jakes came in. They got into range and i pulled the trigger---click. I was a bad shell. So I loaded another shell into the chamber and shot. They had not see my aunt standing behing a little tree, nor me eject the bad shell. Now I can go out in full camo from head to toe with the 50 yds of the nastiest brush and 100 yds of open field between me and they turkeys and they can see me like im in bright orange.

5. westkyhntr

westkyhntr New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    not realy odd but funny
    My wife is the best woman I know good hearted lets me buy all the toys and
    gadgets I want and she will just about outhunt most men I know BUT little creepy crawly things she dont like so much.
    Turky hunting for her is peacefull and she loves to just close her eyes and listen to all the sounds . Last year on the second day of our season
    I had put out the decoys and was walking back to her where she had already settled in at a fence row with her back at a tree as I was making my way to her I noticed she had a huge smile on her face with her eyes closed she jumped as the gobbler we were after sounded off at 100 yards or so as I stepped into the grown up fence row a little lizzard ran up the side of her hip around her belly up her chest and jumped off of her shoulder how that little guy made it that far I will never understad cause see its was like a bomb had went off screaming yelling flopping cussing crying of course I was also flopping on the ground from hysterical gigglin fits witch was absolutly the wrong thing to do see my wife played softball in High school
    and was pretty good at it and I got a 3 inch mag hevishot # 6 shell right in the side of the head at ohhhhh about 5 yards it felt like she hit me with a baseball bat but I could not stop laughing as she said TAKE MY @#@ HOME RIGHT NOW!!!!!