the no boat fisherman

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bnc73, Apr 1, 2008.

1. bnc73

bnc73 New Member

State:
    arizona
    I love catfishing and have a couple honey holes around town but which lakes are best to fish from shore ? that are not urban that just seems like cheating to me

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Welcome to the BOC. ><[[[[º> Im a land launcher myself. :eek:oooh:

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Brian, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of goodinfo in there.

4. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    The castle hot springs area at Lake Pleasant always has some decent fishing but generally you need a 4x4 unless you dont mind walking a little ways. Last time I went out there I caught 3 5+ lb channels in an hour. The last one I put on somehow undid the knot on my stringer and when I put them in they just swam away.:sad2: I cast net shad or bluegill and suspend them below a bobber about 4 ft. Catch a lot of stripers and bass as well.
    Boulder recreation area at Canyon lake is pretty good too if you drive to the last parking lot and go back into the cove area.
    Ive caught some monster 20 +lb channel cats at very first light there right after a fish kill in the summertime. They were like sharks splashing up into the shallows after the dead shad. Its quite a thrill hooking a huge fish in less than 2 ft of water, lemme tell ya.

5. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I thinking we every city should have a bank fishing tournament.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC! YOu will find all of your answers here. Don't know anything about your area, but I will tell you that any old boat will improve your catfishing. Good Luck

7. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
  8. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc good tips in boc lib

9. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc good tips in boc lib:big_smile:

10. usmarine

usmarine New Member

State:
    az
    welcome! Newbe myself, but glad to have ya.

11. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Welcome to the BOC Brain... From the Beach at Los Angles.... "have boat... will travel" going to be at Blythe in June, and Yuma in May....

Bayrunner Ray

12. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    whats up brian, i mainly fish off the bank too. The best thing you can do is make your own bankspot if you want a good one. If you can pull your car up to the spot it usually isn't too good and probably lots of trash laying everywhere. If i were you make sure the lake has what your looking for(trophy cats, eater cats, etc). Buy you a lake map and look for points where the river channel cuts close to, or hard bends in the main river channel that may come close to the bank. Look for a spot that you would want to get to if you were on a boat. Second thing you may have to do, which im not sure if it's an issue out there in AZ, but here in GA i usually bring a 14" hacksaw with me and do a lil escavating, i mean i will clear out a bank so that i can cast my 10-12' rods without worrying about hitting any branches. I know it's hard work , but you will be rewarded.

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Brian.

14. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC jj. Semper-fi

15. usmarine

usmarine New Member

State:
    az
  16. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Usually Bartlett is by far the best lake for shore fishing, but it is really high right now. Spots are in short supply on the weekend. If you go during the week, you are golden.

17. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Welcome to the BOC! I been trying to find a few good bank spots here myself lately. Have a nice boat but the old diesel is broke right now so I can't tow it to the river...:angry: It's a little too heavy for the rest of my vehicles.