The new guard

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIG GEORGE, Aug 7, 2008.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The board is gettin younger and alot of us are gettin older. Guess I'm gonna have to get a code book to read posts now. TTYL-13FAF-CULTR-4U. Not real good at that textin either. :smile2: Anybody got a reference site where ya can print this language out?:cool2:

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'm probably a little younger than you George :wink:, but I would much rather talk to someone on the phone than text or email them. I guess I would rather hear the voice of the person I'm communicating with. I'm probably no better at understanding all the text message stuff than you are. It's interesting to me that if I list an email and a phone # for contact info about something, more people will email than call. I guess we need a translator :smile2:.

3. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
  4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY!!!!!!! It would be easier to learn arabic. :crazy: Thanx Dave I think!:eek:oooh:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

BG, FTBOMH.....ICAM! :big_smile:

Maybe you can figure out what the words to this song mean :wink:.

[youtubevid]MtzQ2JVMyG8&feature=related[/youtubevid]

6. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I just don`t see a reason for texting but alot of peole do it.

7. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    For me it takes longer to text than it does to just call the person and tell them what is on my mind.

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    My stepdaughter walks around texting non-stop, had over 3,000 texts in the first week she had her phone!!!!:eek:oooh: How the heck do you get anything done??????

Went to a BBQ at my brothers house, stepdaughter and her boyfriend were setting on the porch with us. They were setting there TEXTING each other instead of talking!!!! Now, how crazy is that???? Course, could be that they were making fun of us old folks but that would be disrespectful wouldn't it? Nah....couldn't be! :roll_eyes:

9. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Texting instead of talking ???? Now that`s funny. LOL !! That would be like calling your buddy sitting next to you at the bar. LMAO !!!

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <My stepdaughter walks around texting non-stop, had over 3,000 texts in the first week she had her phone!!!!:eek:oooh: How the heck do you get anything done??????>

You take it away from her. It's YOUR job to prevent this sort of foolishness. It's called, "tough love." It will make her better in the long run.
    BB in SC

11. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Bill, she is 19, graduated high school, works a job and pays for her own phone, not gonna go there. LOL!

12. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California

I have a 21 year old grand son and his one year old daughter that has come to live with me and his grandma, and that's all he does, is set around and text. and it drives me up the wall. He spent his last three years of high school livening with us, we bought him his first phone, so when he was out and needed a ride home, he could call. Well he gave us a five hundred dollar phone bill for text messaging. It's hard for some of us old farts to get the hang of this new generation. But we love them anyway.

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I don't understand the enjoyment in texting either. That being said, I can remember a few places where it might've come in handy Zebo......where the music was so loud it didn't matter if you WERE sitting right next to your friend. You'd both be screaming and both still be saying "WHAT?!!!" :crazy:

14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Then you just drink more you will become more understandable :smile2::tounge_out:

15. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    George, don't be so hard on us youngsters.:smile2:

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Word :wink:.

17. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    hey its not all of us youngsters! i got a buddy who texts non-stop. he used to text me sometimes but after about the 5th try he cought on to the fact that i would read his message and CALL HIM back to ask wtfo?

18. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Yep, I don't understand this at all. It is good for quick answers that don't require conversation........................but it has gotten out of hand

19. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    I don't understand texting, and 15 years ago I don't think I would have understood posting opinions worldwide on an internet either:roll_eyes: my how the world has changed in the last half century!

20. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    BG gotta agree with ya. Don't know enough about it to really give an opinion. Don't get out in the world enough to pay attention.

The only text messages I am aware of are some one fingered ones that I use and I don't need a phone to do that. Kinda like semaphores without flags.

John.