The New Gathering 10/22!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by LilRyjoe04, Oct 3, 2005.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    We are getting a gathering going and it is going to be held on Saturday October 22, 2005. We have a group of six members that we know of right now and many others that are interested. The location is in the Scottsburg,Indiana area which is a half hour north of Louisville. If you would be interested in attending, Private Message me. This is a very good location and many large flats and blues have been caught recently. Take care and Good Luck Fishin!!

2. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    Hey i'll be there man sounds like fun

3. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    You don't have to twist my arm to make me go, I'll be there! I know the spot you're talking about, I have seen some huge blues (over 60lbs) in that water. There is plenty of room to bank fish. Make sure to bring your licenses! :D

4. Brushy Bill Roberts

Brushy Bill Roberts New Member

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    Count me in. I dont rember any rivers that were real close to Scottsburg. Is this at the water company lake? Big Creek? Looking forward to it regardless.

5. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey are you guys talking about hardy lake? Just wanted to know because I live in columbus, in and have family in scottsburgh. I've also fished hardy alot. :cool:

6. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    We are not fishing Hardy Lake, but it's pretty close to Hardy Lake.

7. ol' yeffay

ol' yeffay New Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    hey ol yeffay you gunna make it on the 22nd ?

8. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Are you asking yourself a question Ol Yeffey :confused: You know you're going to be there! It's going to be a crazy, and we ain't fishin for no f-in guppy! ;)

9. charliedog

charliedog New Member

State:
    New Albany, Indiana
    I have been a member for several years and this is my first post. I was always content just to gather all the good info this forum has always provided. But I would like to attend this gathering if possible, so here is my first post. Sounds like this is a semi-secret fishing location, but I would guess this is on the Muscatatuck out of Austin/ Scottsburg area around the gauging station. As for the 20 1/2 inch bass in my avatar that was caught at Potters Lake on a cut blue gill head fishing the bottom on a Carolina Rig.

10. Brushy Bill Roberts

Brushy Bill Roberts New Member

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    If you send a private message to LiLryjoe, he can give you some of the details. I dont think everything is firm yet.
    He will more than likely send a message to everyone who responds to this thread. At a later date.
    Been a member for several years huh? Its about time you spoke up and introduced yourself! I do hope you can be in Scottsburg. It will be my first time to meet any of these fishing animals too. I am looking forward to it.
    I plan on putting in on the west fork of white river this saturday night and paddling up river to a spot I frequenty fish. Hope to send in some pictures on next monday.
    Thanks for speaking up, let us hear how your fishing adventures go, see you in Scottsburg.

11. charliedog

charliedog New Member

State:
    New Albany, Indiana
    Well Bill let me clarify something before someone busts my chops. I have been under this user name since April of this year and under several other user names before that. I sent LiLryjoe a private message yesterday morning if I did it correctly and am sure he will respond when he gets a chance. I too would like to meet up with some fellow catfish hounds and maybe pick up a few new tricks. Good luck Saturday on the White River. I hope to get up to Potters Lake in the Jackson Washington State Forest this weekend and catch a few flatheads.

12. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Thanks for the replies guys and it's good to see that you are all interested in attending :) I will send a Private Message to all that reply to this thread and we are looking forward to a good turn out. There is plenty of room where we are going so the more the merrier!! I think I have responded to everyone already, but I will send one to you on or around the 18th or the 19th with specific directions. Once again, thank you all for showing your support for the BOC and I look forward to seeing all of you. ;)

Ryan

13. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Hi everyone! I talked to my friend about the fishing spot that the gathering will be held at on Oct. 22nd. This past weekend, he caught three blues, their weights were 43#, 56#, and 62#! :grin-big: I can't wait!

14. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Hi Charlie, welcome to the BOC! I went up to Lake Shafer last weekend and was bottom fishing with a carolina rig and a big 7/0 hook with a gob of nightcrawlers, and I caught a walley, on accident! It reminded me of your post about your bass. I guess you never know. I caught a bass a few weeks ago on a big live goldfish. Earlier this summer I caught a carp on a live goldfish, now that confused me! "Cannibal Carp"- a quote from jroc77. Hope to see you on the 22nd!

15. ol' yeffay

ol' yeffay New Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    ey guys! its mah birthday today! We still on for the 22nd I see. We are celebrating on Friday. Call me up! See ya soon.

16. ol' yeffay

ol' yeffay New Member

State:
    Indianapolis
  17. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I will hopefully still be able to come to the outing this weekend. I just got an email today that we might have to work on Saturday but if I do hopefully they will let me work days and I can be off work by 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I'm ready to catch some big fish.

18. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Hey Guys,
    I have been out of town for the past two weekends on business trips. While I hate to point fingers, I must admit that the woman has attached the shackles to my ankles! And they are tight! I will not be able to make it this weekend :sad: Don't let me ruin the weekend for you guys, the big ones should be starting to fatten up for winter. Good Luck

19. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I am sorry to inform you guys that I will not be able to attend either. Me and Eric have been out of town in Chicago for the past week and I am studying for my Series 7 exam at work,and I take my test in two weeks. If you guys catch some hogs make sure you post pics! Again, I'm sorry guys, we'll definately have to get a gathering for next spring! Take it easy!

Ryan

20. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    come on you guys, your not going ? :crying: ....so sad......