The new Cabelas

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Tym2Fish, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Any one going to brave the masses to venture into the new Cabellas store that opened today? I heard reports that there were people camping out over night to be one of the first ones into the store. Why, I have no idea. I guess they have no life. Looks like a nice store 160,000 square feet of facility thats alot of gear. I think I will wait for a few weeks or a month before braving the masses.

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    It is a few minutes from the house...
    I went around 2 this afternoon..

* lots of people, but not that bad...
    LOTS OF CATFISHING GEAR!!!:big_smile:

3. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    I was there at 8:15 on Friday morning, I though the store was nice the way it was set up. I thank I will wait a month or so befor I go back.

4. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Good to hear but I would expect no less. Cant wait to take a look around and buy all sorts of stuff that I really dont need. I will need to leave the Visa at home:big_smile: ....or may be not. With Bass Pro Shops opening a store here as well there will be a little competition which may result in lower prices on gear for the consumer.

5. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    Billy jo, nice to see your still paws down.

hope all is well

6. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Hey Tim, glad to hear from you, hope all is well? Glad to hear your home wasn't in the path of fire and everything is ok on home front. I was going to neet Dale at the river this weekend but the wife not feeling to good so I stayed close to home just in case. I went to the new cabela's Firday, it's only about a mile from the house. The store is set up nice, about the same as Sportsman wearhouse, but sportsman dosen't have all the stuffed animals and fish,but I thank they have better prices than Cabela's. You take care and hope to do soom fishing with you when you get home.
    Later Bill

7. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    thanks bill,

I loof forward to wetin a line with you and dale soon as i can, prob mid oct.
    Hope you wife gets to feelin better.

8. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Hey Tiger Tat 55 I guess we have caught the same fish?????? I have the same stuffed monster sitting on top of my cube at work.:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: