The New Bristol

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Fireman4c, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I do not like the new serface at Bristol!!!!! I miss the old and cat wait till the track get broke in again. To tell yall the truth I fell asleep untill the last 50 laps ole DW scared me I thought he was a monster and I woke up ( Hope U fell better DW) Anyway how did eveyone else feel about The New Bristol?????

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Oops, sorry 'bout that. Had to delete my post, seems I got the wrong fireman.

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Heck i dont know.i mean its good that they can run side by side but its not as much action like it was when there was only one groove and people were beating and banging on each other for position.I vote for the old bristol myself.

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Seems like all of the drivers like the new surface,because you can actually pass someone without having to move them out of the way. They seem to like the idea of having more than one grove to race in. The old surface was just follow the leader unless you just shoved someone out of the way to get around them. I personally like the new surface and believe it makes for alot better racing.JMO:0a31:

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I agree...I think there was more passing and even 3 wide a few times that I don't remember seeing before.

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    sorry. i miss bristol!

7. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I cant complain enjoyed the racing just didn't like seeing D J have a finish like that.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya im not really saying i dont like it but rather have bristol back. it was much better than last falls race by a long shot.

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yep, better. I'm in the middle I guess. More ACTION is fun to watch yes; people have been hurt more previously? As Glenn stated on another thread, I don't know the whole history/haven't followed NASCAR. You want YOUR driver to win......and before I ever thought about all that I only considered one, Dale Jarrett. He was from MY place, MY town; kinda like any other sports team, even though I'd met the man and his family. So now it's different for me, just like catfishing is after reading posts on the BOC. I wouldn't deny anyone food for their family Jeremy, and I agree with the Bible verses I posted on another thread. But millions of dollars? Maybe you GUYS think that's ok......but I must say, aren't there other things worth more? Guess this post hasn't been much to do with the "new" surface at Bristol. Rantings of a woman who's been up WAY too late.......

I liked the race, I enjoy watching all of 'em unless someone is severely maimed or KILLED. Circumstances, cars, surfaces........they're gonna change. Life CHANGES doesn't it? That's half the fun. JMO.

10. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I got to go to the race this year. 10 hr trip each way, but worth it. I'm kinda on the fence. My driver (#9) would have been screwed on the old track!!

11. ldkitch

ldkitch New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY

I know, I hated that. I had a tears rolling knowing he was done racing!!!He has been my favorite for several years now. I am lucky, I got to see him win his last race in 2005 at Talledaga, It was AWSOME!!!!!! At least he wont be gone for good, he will be up in the booth calling the races now....:sad2:. But at least he did finish the race instead of hittin that ole' wall!!!!!LOL!!!!Or blowing up!!!:eek:oooh:

12. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I have enjoyed listening to him so far.Now he is not in a ride wonder if he will be more critical of driver stupidity.

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i have 1000's $$ invested in jarrett diecast. i knew a few years back that it was comming to an end so i began prospecting for a new younger driver to keep me in the sport. liked matt hate newman hate k busch didnt want to jump on the jr wagon,lol tony just aint my style. after seeing the scotts car running good and winning a few in 04 and the backflip was cool. now #99 edwards is my driver.

congrats dale on a great and successful ride. from the first win with the wood brothers, to the 99 cup title. you were a great driver and an asset to the sport. ill miss you on the track as much as i do the intimadator.

i seen dale live at the track for the first time in 98 talladega. we won the no bull million dollar bonus. i also seen him live 99 take 4th at spring bristol, in 2000 finish 15th as dale sr captured his last win. 01 seen him finish top 5 in the inagural race at chicago. and win michigan in 2002.