The Neuse River and a young man

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by mack in n.c., Aug 4, 2007.

1. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    i always try to take my son fishing....i just dont try to take him flathead fishing alot as my flathead trips cannot be done in a few hrs.....getting there, getting fresh bait(live bream) just takes awhile and if you want a kid to stay interested in something it cannot be long and there has to be some type of reward....(fish) so, if i take him after cats its usually aafter whites and channels......

but, he has gone flathead hunting a few times(twice i think) and guess what....i struck out those times so he thought he was a bad luck charm on my big cat excursions as i had usually caught some nice ones right before and after our trips.........

well he wanted to go again.......i just prayed he caught a good 1.........i didnt go as far east as the other day(maybe a few miles less)but the neuse was in my sights again.....

not a soul was on the river friday night except us and my scanoe.......

he set the hook on these and reeled them in, the only thing i did was net them...

these are not near as big as my neuses personal best but these are the best cats i have ever seen pulled out of the neuse.....

why are they the best????

just look at his smiles......mack

Attached Files:

• a1.jpg
      a1.jpg
      File size:
      14.8 KB
      Views:
    • aa2.jpg
      aa2.jpg
      File size:
      21.6 KB
      Views:
  2. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
    There is nothing better!! The funny thing is I get the same look on my face!
    :big_smile:

Congrats!!!

3. shrewboy

shrewboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Glad to hear you guys had a good trip. I will respond to your PM after I reach the 10 post mark.

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Nice fish, I'm sure the kid had a wonderful time. It's not too hard to get hooked on fishing when you're catching fish like that:wink:

5. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Fat chance ever going out without him now!!!:big_smile: GOOD JOB!!

6. HHinNC

HHinNC Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That is a memory that will be treasured for a lifetime + !! Congrats on the catch. I'm an ol' man and still dream of catching a flattie like that. Thanks for sharing the pics and the story.

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Mack he had a grin on his face almost as big as that flatty! Congats on the great time and good fish.

8. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Mack I am in my 50s and I still remember those trips with my dad when I was a kid like they were yesterday. They are some of the best memories of my childhood and as long as I can keep remembering I will always cherish them. I am sure your son will cherish those trips you two take too!

Thanks for sharing!

9. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    AMESOME! Nothing like spending time with the kids fishing.Or anything else for that matter :big_smile:.I enjoy every chance I get to take my two kids.They grow up fast.Again,congrats and glad ya'll had a great time.

10. alaskanollie

alaskanollie New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    sounds like an awesome trip