The Neuse produces another big flathead catfish

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by tammeej, Apr 20, 2006.

1. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    Ron asked me if i would post these pictures for him,( i guess he doesnt have enough posts yet to do it himself). We were out brim fishing yesterday afternoon and Ron called and asked us if we wanted to go Catfishing with him at our favorite spot.We declined saying we needed to take a break for the night but told him he could take the brim for bait.Darn wish we had went.He gave us a call saying he just landed a 58 pound 48 inch long flathead in our same spot.Congratulations Ron on a GREAT catch!! He caught it on a live brim and it was released back to be caught again another day.

Attached Files:

2. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Congrats Ron nice fish, now maybe you can get him again someday.

3. RooT_Fantastic

RooT_Fantastic New Member

State:
    NC
    you know how he caught that fish dont you.... he just had to out reel that certain fish thief! he must have lubed up that screaming reel of his!
    great job ron! now the whole crew has a big fish!

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Nice catch Ron!
    Y'all are going to have me wanting to move east....LOL

5. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Nice fish, That is until I go out tonight and beat it LOL. Probably get rained out tonight. Did you happen to find a leader in his mouth with 80# gorilla braid attached to it.

6. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    No Jason lol but i told him to look for one because i was thinking the same thing lol.Hopefully you wont get rained out tonight.Cant wait to see how you do.Good luck!!

7. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    I think you should move east Cattledogz lol i bet u have some good fishing around there to.Im sure youll catch a big one soon!!

8. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice fish Congrats

9. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Looks like its not going to rain tonight so I will definitely be there, not sure what time though. I know I will probably be out till morning since the rest of the weekend is going to storm. We do need the rain though, the neuse is starting to look like a creek.

10. roncat3945

roncat3945 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I did think about that very thing since we have both lost large fish in this fantastic little hole in the neuse. Like yourself, JAYNC, I also lost a very large fish last Tuesday night when the first large fish was caught. Mine broke 30# test at the boat. If you get lucky and catch a large one there at the spot with an 8.0 Circle Hook dangling from its lip let me know. I am a bit curious as to how large that fish may have been. Good luck to all Cat chasers this weekend.

11. Don Miller

Don Miller New Member

State:
    NC
    big flatheads are a blast!

12. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Hopefully I get out there this weekend, I might start off at that spot and then run up to ft barnwell area after a bit, It sounds like we are going to get about an inch of rain so the water should come up about a foot or a little more, the way it is right now I'm not driving my boat up there. I will let you know if I find your hook. I need to come early though and catch about 30 more bluegill since I am out. Good luck to you all if you go.