The Neosho River is Low

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Catmaster, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    The neosho has been low for about two weeks now and I have been catching alot of average and better cats on trotlines and rod and reel. I have found a realy sharp bend in the river near the Hwy 400 bridge and caught one flat that weighed 23.68# on rod and reel using small bull head about a week ago. The low water depth has realy turned on the catfish bite in the deep holes (sharp bends). At night I have been anchoring my flatbottom boat downstream and casting into the shallower area of the inside bend. It has realy been working for the yellow cats lately. Hope this helps and give it a try next time you are on the river.

2. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    ill have to try that here on the arkansas...its low compared to what it was 3 months ago...on average around my fishing areas its thigh deep

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I had been catching some nice fish between the mouth and wolf point, going towards hwy. 10 bridge. Went laborday weekend and caught several but the size was nothing like i had been catching. They were pullin water from grand lake hard but with the floods we've had this past week, i'm certain it's on the rise.

4. jm_magic

jm_magic New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey Catmaster. I see you said near the Hwy 400 bridge. Can you give me the where abouts of that. (live about 7 miles from 400)

I'm trying to find a gravel bar off the hwy to fish off of. Any help?

5. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    The Neosho is typically low this time of year...I have fished it for 33 years...every summer the water levels fall...then remain low until spring rains from up North at Redmond Reservoir hit us...restarting the yearly process...the shad, blues/channel/flathead, whitebass, wiper, walleye, crappie,and spoonbill show up at Chetopa dam....and stay until the spawn is complete...and the water drops.

Then the fish head back to the lake...time to fish the local strip pits until next spring.

The channel and walleye are biting in the pits now...that's where you'll find me.

Good luck yall.

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    WB Brian, you've been missed!

7. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Thanks buddy...appreciate it. We just got the internet turned back on...bills suck sometimes...lol.