The movie 'Dale' shows tonight!

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by catfishjohn, Sep 4, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Tonight at 8 eastern on CMT,the movie Dale comes on. I know i've been waiting forever to see this true story about Dale Earnhardt. This should be a great movie for all you Dale Sr fans out there!!! :big_smile:

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep i wrote it down last night. im in the central zone so at 7 ill be watching. he was the man even though i was a jarrett fan. i was sitting just past the finish line at talladega in 2000 when he got his 76th and last win. i even bought the 1/24 raced version action of the car and have the ticket stub and photos.

whenever jarrett wasnt in contention for the win i was hoping dale e would. in 1999 both races finished dale e-dale j 1&2. that was awesome.

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i'm not an earnhardt fan but i will be watching the movie. i appreciate his skill and determination at his sport. he was absolutely a redneck and i do appreciate that.

4. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Ive been waiting awhile also. I think they are going to have aother show about him from 7-8

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    that was an extrodenary film. i used to watch dale when i was a teen on late night tv they would replay races. i got to see a lot of history. i never knew him and dw were such rivals in years past. and how they mended the relationship. seeing dale on the lake. and some of the remarks. like "the day i start saying i did this i did that , i hope richard childress shoves his fist in my mouth. and the day on the mountain.

i really enjoied that documentary. i never had seen the one where dale wiped his own window under caution while steering with his knee. weather ya loved or hated him i think that film would bring a tear to your eye.

from rookie, champ, friend, husband, to dad. all the way till feb 01 dale was a true hero to most.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Yes he was and still is their hero.
    There was alot that made Earnhardt their hero and that included Dale on and off the track.
    He was self made.

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I watched it last night. Very moving to say the least, the very least. I will admit, I kept waiting for him to catch something when they showed him at the pond.

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    If you look closely you will see some shots of me when Earnhardt won Daytona....

9. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Shoot! I missed IT!! Didnt know it had been made! CMT isnt my kinda music.. Wonder when it will rerun!

10. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I watched it and enjoyed because you know around here it's Earnhardt country.