The mouth of Trinity River - Trinity Bay

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by txangler, Dec 1, 2005.

1. txangler

txangler New Member

Hey Guys,
    I don't do much catfishing yet but my brother (riverscum) wanted me to show you what we have been catching at the mouth of the Trinity River @ Trinity Bay. We have had excellent speckled trout fishing this Fall with the low rainfall amounts.

Attached Files:

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Nice haul and good eating ! Great Job. I live just south of Dallas and the Trinity runs through part of my town. Sad to say, but I wouldn't eat anything out of that river near my home. Now down there where ya'll are, most likely it's alot cleaner.

Keep on Fishin !

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    hey bro. i see you figured the picture thing out. glad to have you aboard,even though your a seadog. lol we will get you hooked on cats yet. ;)

4. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Nice catch.
    We are moving to Willis in Jan/Feb and in scouting out houses in Oct I was driving up hwy19 from Huntsville to Livingston as we crossed over the Trinity I looked over to see what the public boat lanch looked like and the water was just boiling. Well that stopped the house hunting with a quick U-turn.
    Come to find out some kids 10 or 11 years old where standind under the bridge tossing out bits of BBq hotdogs with one of the kids throwing a Kite string (yes a kite string) with a 3 pronged treble hook with a chunk of BBQ hot dog on it out by hand no pole and bringing in Cats.
    Being from California where I now think its hard to fish after seeing this it just blew are minds. We plan on spending some serious time on the Trinity.
    Hope to see ya all on the river
    Marc

5. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    Welcome Txangler and Mch4fishiung, I fish Lake Houston, Conroe, Livingston and Rayburn , most of my time is spent on Lake Houston after the illusive cats and crappie.
    Glad to see more Texans aboard. :D

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Gentleben, where on Lake Houston do you fish? I'm in Kingwood and have been fishing Luce's Bayou and the E. Fork with light success. I have better luck out at Sheldon Lake, but it can be a high crime area for vehicle break ins, though they've installed a security camara.

7. catfish dreams

catfish dreams New Member

State:
    Huffman texas
    I fish lake houston all the time. There are several areas to fish if you have a boat.This year I caught several fish over 30#.Contact me and I can show you.My boat is at the marina ready to go.

8. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    I fish the east fork for crappie and whites are on right now , for blues and opps i fish between mckay bridge and the rr bridge..We'll be camped out at Bj's next weekend the 13th and 14 for a catfishins show and rodeo stop by and see us .. :)

9. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Ben, for the blues and opps, are your fishing the main channel between the McKay Bridge and the RR bridge or nearer the shoreline? Haven't heard it called McKay bridge in a long while...damn yankees just call it the 1960 bridge.

10. texflatbottom

texflatbottom New Member

State:
    Elgin , TX.
    Hey what you guy's using for bait in the Trin. river. We mostly fish lakes like Granger,Bastrop and Limestone. Flats have been slow to no this winter. Blues are good and channels are always bittin live bait (perch and shad). Ready to get back to rivers but without rain is the Trin. still good? Any help ya'll would give would be nice.

11. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Nice cats Dude!!!

Hey if you like I can make that picture into an avatar???

Letme know!

12. catfishredneck

catfishredneck New Member

State:
    Timpson texas
    catfishdream what side of lake houston do you fish. been there twice not to familiar with the lake. fished from the bank the first time with a buddy, I think we fished where the san jancito river enters the lake. has fairly good luck. Second time took my boat let him drive couldn't tell you where we went but caught about 30 catfish biggest one was 14 pounds.

13. catfish dreams

catfish dreams New Member

State:
    Huffman texas
    I fish several different spots. There is some 30ft water south of 1960 bridge that I catch most of my bigger fish. Going again sat. night feel free to contact me.

14. Dodad455

Dodad455 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fish catfish at and around the mouth of the Trinity. Went Wensday and caught about 25 good fryers. Like to go around there cause you always catch something. Like to use shad most of the time. This is my favorite time of year for fishing down there. Lots of gators to see this year too.

15. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    nice fish welcome to boc

16. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i make 2 some times 3 trips a year to port oconnor for reds and flounder and sharks and i noticed there was a boat ramp just off the hiway that runs along the bay when i crossed the trinity.i was wondering how good the gator gar fishing was in this area.any info would be appreciated.

17. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Poisonpits If your talking about the IH10 ramp it's closed right now and will be till the bridge is finished. There is a ramp south of there at the corp locks and you can run up river during the day but watch for the posted times that they close down. You will get stuck all night there if you are not careful.
    I fish at Liberty most of the time and run 10 miles in both directions from there and there are some huge gator gar in the river. I bow hunt them in the summer months but I see them most of the year. I spend the winters looking for blues and the spring and fall after flatheads. The Locks are super fishing and when the river gets low in the summer I go there because I'm tired of buying 1200.00 lower units for the boat. I will fish some in Liberty when it gets low but man is it bad right now. The storm put tons of trees in the river and I hope this little flood we just got piles them up in the deep holes so the cats will have a winter hole. Hope this helps.