The most productive day of the year so far

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by cataholic, Jul 21, 2007.

1. cataholic

cataholic New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I went to a friends private lake down in missouri today and caught 30 fish myself most was in the 3-10 lb range but I did catch my first 20+ lber out of there :big_smile:, it was alot of fun all I was using was a medium action uglystick with 10 lb test cajun red line rigged up with my sinker about a foot up from my hook , I made up some bait lastnight , hamburger, limburger cheese,cornmeal...i mixed it allo together and I lined some baking sheets with wax paper lined up my treble hooks and baited the hooks up making sure the eye of the hook wasn't covered then i frose them for a few hours then i took them and wraped them in individual small sandwich bags and then placed them in a big ziplock bag( This was the very first time I ever did this but let me tell ya it works ... bait stayed on the hook and really shocked me how good it worked.)

being fairly new here and really getting serious about catting I couldn't get back here fast enough to let all my catting brothers and sisters know about my new trick :wink:

P.s I am sad to say I did take pics of the fish with a disposable camera when I went to get them developed not one of them ... that right not ONE of the pics turned out :angry: every one of them was just a blank black picture so I am going to have to try and get me a digital camera as soon as I can

2. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    welcome to the BOC sounds like a great trip

3. cataholic

cataholic New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It was a blast :smile2: I released all the fish over 10 lbs, I kept the rest only because we was trying to catch fish to help a church with a fish fry and knew they wouldn't be wasted

4. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    way to go on the trip. im glad u cuaght u alot of em and released the bigger ones thats what we are all about in the BOC. Its CPR= catch photo release!:big_smile:

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Sounds like a beautiful night of fishing!

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jason thanks for sharing your fishing trip with the BOC. Sounds like you have it figured out.Any bait tricks is appreciated.:big_smile:

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sounds like a really good time! Congrats!

8. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to BOC. and sounds like a good trip:cool2:

9. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the post. In regard to the camera, did the flash fire when you took the pictures? Some of the disposable cameras have a button that you need to push to turn the flash on.

-- Rich

10. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Seems like you had a blast.:0a22:

11. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on a great day out Jason! Thanks for sharin' and welcome to the BOC!!

12. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    congrats on the great trip. them ponds can be more fun the the big water at times.

13. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like a good trip. I got hopefully eight weeks to fish before my wife has a second little boy. I just hope she goes full term so that I can get some of this good fishing in.