The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Paul, go ahead and remove me from site, give my donation status to someone who plays by the rules all the time like a good bitch,

later bro's its been fun
FMB........Grow some skin already..........Life gets alot tougher than this. When i said that i fish alone and that i land my fish by hand, i meant no disrespect to anyone. But when you post later on in the thread about people being " High and Mighty " and " Do you want a cookie ". That was inappropriate and inflamatory in my opinion. I have no ill will towards you. I've read your posts, and i've always thanked and repped you in the past. Any angst you are feeling, is self imposed.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I just wanted to let everyone know that I think the most important thing to have with you when flatheading (after big hogs) has got to be.......

A DANG GOOD FISHING PARTNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it is a little sappy for a guy to say, but I value my fishing partner, there to keep you awake, ready with the net when you need it, there to point out your mistakes,and there to talk ideas back and forth with while you wait for fishzilla. Plus all those other little things that two people can do better than one, launching boats, towing ya outta the mud, towing each other out of the mud, there to make a frustrating night seem funny, there to drag you outta the house to go fishing when you get lazy and don't want to leave the A/C!

Anyway, to all those I fish with , thank you for being there, it sure makes fishing seem like more fun and less work! Now sappy comments over, let's go stick a fish!

·
Registered
846 Posts
FMB........Grow some skin already..........Life gets alot tougher than this. When i said that i fish alone and that i land my fish by hand, i meant no disrespect to anyone. But when you post later on in the thread about people being " High and Mighty " and " Do you want a cookie ". That was inappropriate and inflamatory in my opinion. I have no ill will towards you. I've read your posts, and i've always thanked and repped you in the past. Any angst you are feeling, is self imposed.
Well said Big Jim. Read that post earlier and was like WTH. First negativity I saw in this thread was, well .............

BTW, hope I make it out west some day, I'd darn sure go traipsing across the desert to fish with ya, no nets, lol.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
You the man Jim. Well said right there .... Sound like some one I use to know. ....***....haha

·
Registered
336 Posts
Two things:

1. Part of forum etiquette is knowing what you should keep to yourself and what you should share. Maybe you think the other person is ignorant, or arrogant, or just down-right dumb.. well keep it to yourself. Don't say anything that could be misconstrued as an insult or a challenge. You guys were both being passive aggressive from the start and there's no reason to take that kind of stance against anyone on this forum. It's a place for fisherman to chat, we're all on the same team

2. I actually agree with both of you;
FMB: One of the biggest benefits (in my opinion) of having another person is to have an extra hand to make things easier with the boat and the nets, and just lightening the overall mood. And like you said, fishing is a learning process, constantly.. whether you're 80 yrs old or 8 yrs old.. and having someone along and exchanging info and opinions is a great way to learn more efficiently. And even though it sounds like you're on you're way out the door and this advice may be for naught.. you shouldn't have escalated things. I had a posted a couple days ago where slayer and had different opinions and yeah, I sense that passive aggressiveness, but maybe he's just blunt? Says what he means, and means what he says. Either way, you were a good member to have on the forum, and itd be a shame to see ya go just because you lost your cool in one stupid post.
Slayer: I agree with you too.. often when I go fishing, its not about 'having a good ol time' and talking and messing around or learning. I got spots that I know down to a TEE, and I know exactly how to catch em there and I go alone and focused on fishing. I get where you're coming from

I also really liked what bryon said.. its about bringing a good attitude. Going fishing and expecting to catch your next biggest fish.. That's what makes us wanna go fishing in the first place, and thats what keeps me glued to the bank until I see the sun come up, and sometimes I stay after that! There's nothin wrong with fishing alone and taking it seriously; often I do that, and in the back of my head the dirty little thought I'm hiding is that if there is a state record in that water I'm fishing, I don't wanna bring along a buddy and see him catch it... I want this river to myself and I wanna pull this f***er out! haha. And some people can be just UNBEARABLE! But there's also something to be said for how much fun it can be, and how much quicker the time passes and more glorious a catch can be when you're surrounded by good friends, or even 1 good friend. They definitely make those fishless, biteless nights a lot more bearable, and can make the trip less work (carrying gear, setting up, getting bait, movin a boat around.. etc)

Good thread. hope I didn't cross anyone! We're all fisherman here... well.. lol

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Guys I should have been more specific on the original post I guess, it got out of hand and I think sometimes folks don't understand, or "get it" sometimes we fish side by side, other times 50 yards apart, near each other to yell for help when we need it, or borrow some bug spray that one of us forgot to pack or any little thing, we can BS for a while or sit there on a nice night both silent watching the stars and only commenting of cool meteor showers or whatever. It's not a big deal t some of you but we often fish some tough unforgiving waters that are at times almost impossible to fish well alone, and sometimes can be easily fished alone, heck we don't even agree all the time about where to fish or how to fish it and go our seperate ways without any drama, guess you would have to have a trusted partner to understand it, but anyway a great fishing partner is definately a great thing to have when chasing monster flatheads, especially after about 30 fishless (of any size) nights of fishing.

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
319 Posts
I stated my oppinion,you got pissed cause its different than yours,You're the reason I fish alone.Read my original post.I did'nt say anything that was bickering with anyone.I simply said that most of the time I fish alone,and prefer it that way...I go fishing to relax and catch fish,in the peace and quiet...I have friends I fish with,but I also have people that will never fish with me again.Your oppinion don't piss me off,why does mine bother you so much?I never said yall were stupid or anything for going fishing and laughing and playing,I just take mine more serious.I guess when your limited on how much you can go,thats how you gotta roll...Now listen close,THIS IS MY OPPINION.And yes,I'll take anyone fishing with me once,but if we don't click,no more...
Flatheadslayer: if you are still a member here, I agree with you 143.8% 😀
Fishing AIN’T play time.
Sure, I take my grandsons and a friend of theirs fishing, and I’ve only had adults with me 3 times last year ( once was my son-in-law,, twice with a friend from the last company I drove for). I enjoy seeing other folks catch fish almost as much as catching them myself.

But, when I go out by myself, I can really relax and not be bothered by conversation that doesn’t interest me or have someone telling me, “You’re doing it wrong.” Or, even worse, “I can cast farther than you can.”
I sometimes want to say, “You do it your way, I’ll do it my way. And I cast my bait (pretty much) where the h*l I want it. So, pi* off, and shut up!”
That’s, by and large, the main reason I fish alone 75% of the time. If I screw up, criticism from myself, I can handle.

TIGHT LINES !!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts