The more I type the more Im embarassed

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Mar 27, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    It seems to me the more I type and post here the worse my english is these days.The longer that I am out of school the worse my run on sentences are becoming. I am not sure where to end them any more where to use comas and other punctuations. It may be that I am in the construction trade and the fact that it is extremely rare for me to write letters anymore. My spelling is still fairly sharp but I think that has to do with reading all the time. Has anyone else had this problem besides me?

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    me too, Terry..my spelling is pretty decent, but i am a bad typist.:embarassed: i don't even try to hold down the shift key anymore...as one member so graciously pointed out my grammer is not very good:lol:

and how long is a paragraph supposed to be? :big_smile:

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I do it too and worse for the work orders we do, we tend to abreviate what we type to save space. then I catch myself typing that way to friends & here and have to correct myself.

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I used to have that problem but I cured it ..... I quit letting my wife read what I write so now I don't notice it any more.... LOL

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I figure if I can read it and understand it,everybody else hopefully can too. LOL!!! :lol: I don't worry about those little things anymore.Too many other things to worry about...:confused2:

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    But at times when I repost and read my original post I feel like a jacka$$. LOL:confuse:

7. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    I know what u meen just like these US Soldiers.:eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Please do not worry about such foolishness. I am not aware of any reason why our English and punctuation on the BOC is to be as accurate as possible. If there is then I personally may as well drop out,cause I know I do not punctuate accurately and dude............I don't care. Brother Phil,my personal opinion if anyone points out to any BOC member that their grammar is bad, I think that's rude. We're fishing buddies not doctors and lawyers trying to run a business for goodness sake! JerseyCat I understand perfectly what you are posting so that is all that matters to me!!:big_smile:

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Don't feel bad.I feel like that a lot! :big_smile:
    Your posts have been fine.I don't think people pay much attention to that.Just the stories,pics and info.

10. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah terry i dont even try anymore :lol: my reading was never my strong point and writing well lets just say i dropped out of school in the 10th grade because i could careless how my reading and writing was i pretty much new i wouldnt be useing them talents to make a living

11. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    It all started this morning when My freind was checking his work E-mails and pointed out that they were all run on sentences and we started laughing( I will be working in his same division) and it hit me that I was no better and sometimes worse than the mail I was reading. And then I got a little embarassed when I thought of future E-mails to other co-workers when I do our shift reports. We are supposed to be neat and punctual with them. So I got some remembering to do if I am to seem somewhat smart to my new coworkers LOL Might give New Jersey a bad name :waaaht:

12. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey, the way I see it is, as long as it ain't some foreign language like Spanish or something I will have no problem deciphering your hieroglyphics.:lol:

13. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nobody told me we were going to be graded...:confused2:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Concentration leads to success.

14. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Phil I like your icon. They should bring back that form of punishment.

15. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Writing is like anything else. Use it or lose it. Besides we aren't writing legal documents here.

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    what you don't see in that pic, Hoot, is DH standing just out of the pic over my right shoulder with a whip...and dreadnaught ureging him on!:lol:

17. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Hah!

I'm married to an English major. Do the letters P.I.T.A. mean anything to y'all?:tounge_out:

18. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Im glad you all type slow, or i could never read fast enough to keep up.

19. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Terry I've been out of school for nearly thirty years and I can spell dang near anything but I forgot how to properly punctuate about a week after I graduated. I say SO WHAT. the only folks that care are the folks who are in the business of writing letters ,day after day.

20. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I just say what I wanna type outloud or to myself. When I run outa breath I put in a period. LOL!