The moon?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Pacman, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    A guy I work with swears that the full moon is best. I saw where a member with some impressive reports was looking forward to getting past the full moon. Do you think the moon phase can predict the bite?

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i have done better with a full moon ,they say crazy things happen during a full moon !!! :smile2:

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I think the best time is whenever you have time full or new just go.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have found that the cats are like any other animal. They don't just eat on the full moon.
    Bill in SC

5. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Full moon or new moon-don't think it matters because if ur sittin at the house they're not biting at all:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:. All jokes aside, have had good luck on hartwell and santee with the moon in both stages.

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I have never proven either one is better or worse. A full moon makes it easier for me to see while night fishing and probably makes it easier for cats to see also.

7. Cat Master 1

Cat Master 1 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I have found that catfish bite on full moon but it's not your bend the rod down bite but it more like pec pec then maybe.However I do fish by the almanac calander.

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    pacman, 10 yrs ago I would plan my trips around the full or dark moon. Those first years I caught alot of fish on those days. But after I slowed down and got to know what I was doing, I'd just go when I could. I've caught many big fish on crappy nights when I'm the only boat out. I quit basing my outings on the moon and just went when I could. They will hit any day they are hungry. If you only fish moon days thats the only time you are gonna catch fish. Just like if you always use live or cut bait all your fish will come from that. I do believe you may be able to catch one or two more around the moon, but don't limit yourself. Just go when you can and keep track in your journal for a couple seasons and see what patterns develope.

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I have had a fishing guide in SC go so far as to tell me not to even bother going down there because there was a full moon. Not going wasn't an option and we caught a lot of fish and big ones at that.
    Fish where you can, when you can. It's that simple...W