the monster fight

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by poopdeck [patrick], Oct 2, 2005.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Last night we anchored above my favorite hole with two anchors. I threw in my two poles from the front of the boat, ricky did the same thing in the back. About a hour after dark ricky screamed he had one. I looked back and seen his heavy action rod bent over at a angle close to the breaking point. Now Ricky had never caught a fish over a pound in his life so i was really happy for him. He was pulling with all his might , back off the drag, I say don/t panic. He would pull up and it would pull down. Get it off the bottom I screamed , dont let it get in the rocks. The fifty pound spider wire held the pole didn/t break and he slowly brought it up. Then it got in the current and off it went the the bait clicker making the noise we all love to hear. Put your thumb on the reel I scream it/s getting away! He slowly brought it up telling me it was almost to the surface. I leaned over the boat. Bring it up ,I said it if aint bigger than me I will get him in the boat .Ricky was really sweating and wearing out quick . Being a nice guy, I offered to reel it the rest of the way in for him :) Ricky regrouped and with a mighty pull got it to the surface. I leaned over ready to put both hands into the mouth of the monster and pull him onboard. Well Ricky had hooked the rope about a foot above the anchor and fought it for 20 minutes. It was so funny :) He really thought he had the big one and so did I. So now i call him the anchor man.He/s getting his computer going this week and will be in here under the name anchorman :)

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    that was funny as h--- man i will have to tell that was and my trips thanks for the fun

3. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    you should of took a picture of that lol

4. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    I never saw that ending coming, thanks for the belly laugh! :D

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    LOL!! And I was thinking it was going to be a 60 pound turtle!! LOL!

6. Noodlejug

Noodlejug New Member

State:
    st. louis
    That is creative writing dude. Like funniest home vidoes!
    A fella said they were loading grain in the barges above St louis, makes for some mighty chum?? Cold front wednesday.

7. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    I was really expecting it to be a turtle too! :happy:

I think the rope is even better!

Great story. That's one of the things that makes the outdoors and friendship such a treasure. I hope you guys continue to make memories for a long time to come!

Congratulations on the fine catch Anchorman! :thumbsup:

8. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    Wooh, good I thought he was going to take my snapper crown from me.

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    That was a good one. LOL.

10. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Now that was a good one for sure..... lol

11. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Thats pretty funny, reminds me of the time, I had a bite, set the hook and it felt like a monster. Well it turns out that the fish wrapped up in a 20# tree branch, I managed to get it up to the boat, I was like MAN, I thought it was huge, the branch was most of the weight. The fish was maybe 5 lbs.