The Maple River

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by McCatfish11, Jul 23, 2007.

1. McCatfish11

McCatfish11 New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Went there last night and headed down river from Maple Rapids. It was tough, had a few jams with shallow water and one log that we either had to get out and drag the boat over it, or just hit it at full speed and lift the motor. Guess which one we did. Had some hits early on Bluegills. Turtles. Lots and lots of turtles hitting 7 inch gills:angry:. Then I did my usual damage on channels when we ran out of live bait.

2. Dave200518

Dave200518 New Member

State:
    Ashley, Michigan
    yeah the turtles this year suck!!! I can't believe they were hitting a 7" gill, thats nuts. Good job on the channels though, keep us updated on the MIGHTY MAPLE.

Dave

3. McCatfish11

McCatfish11 New Member

State:
    Michigan
    One more thing, at the "public boat launch" as they call it there in maple rapids. I put my fish finder in and it read 7 feet deep. Then to verify I stuck my boat paddle down and couldn't reach bottom. Too bad this is fished so heavily all week long cause its the deepest spot I could find. I have fished there lots and didn't know it was that deep. When the river was up earlier this year, i figure it had to be atleast 12 feet there.