The Lord will provide...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by AllenM, Aug 9, 2006.

1. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Well, a lot of you have been praying for my family and I and offering your best wishes, which has been MUCH appriciated. I'd like you all to know that your prayers have been answered to some degree, and we have recieved some help from some unexpected places. For one, my father is giving us a car which will cost a LOT less to insure and burn a LOT less gas, but I gotta figure out how to get to Porterville to pick it up. Secondly, and far more unexpectedly, a member of the boards here (who has asked me not to give their name) asked me for my snail mail address. Having asked for some BOC business cards a while back, I just assumed that this member was a moderator or otherwise associated with the site and was asking FOR the site's use, so I replied with the address and told them that I've already recieved and been giving out the crads. A couple days later I recieved a letter, and encliosed was $200 cash!! Turned out that this person simply wanted to help out! They insisted that repayment was not wanted, and that they simply wanted to feel the Lord working through them in doing this.

As things stand, we almost got a travel trailer from a friend for $250 per payday, which WOULD have saved us from being "
    homeless" and living in a tent, but the day we were going to get it I called around looking for the cheapest RV park to put it in and found out no one will let us move it in because it's a 1974 with only one bedroom. All the "Sam's Choice" rated places have an age limit for trailers and won't let anything "too old" park there because it would lower their rating for the tourism magazine ads, so EVERYONE PLEASE BOYCOTT SAM'S CHOUICE RATED PARKS AND RECREATION AREAS! The rest of the places I called simply said that we'd have to have a bigger trailer with a 2nd bedroom since we have more than 1 child. So we're back to the tent thing until we can save enough $$ to get into a real apartment again. We'll be trying to get all of our belongings, furniture, and such, into storage in Redding this week and getting the tent set up so we can stop burning gas money ASAP, so by the end of the week I'll likely be off line again for a while.

Anyhow, I wanted to give everyone an update and would like to dedicate this thread to the person who showed such generosity and ask that everyone pray now for God to bless this person heavily in return for the Christian charity they have shown to my family and I, and I want everyone here to know exactly how strong the "brotherhood" can be when it is needed by a member. I would let you all know just who did this for us, but they have asked me not to.

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Stand strong brother and continue to let the Lord do his thing. I am very happy to hear that things are starting to look up for you and your family. Whoever the member was that sent the money i would also like to say God bless you.

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Allen, Prayers are still being sent for you and your family. I'm now including our "brother" who was so willing to help in your time of need.

4. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Allen, What a testimony for the Brotherhood. Things have been a little off around here lately and I think we needed this shot in the arm.

How can we get that address you gave our brother? I for one would like to help some. I hate to think about my Brother and his family being out on the street. Maybe you could pm it to me and I could pass it along to those who wanted it. Would that work? Let us know as soon as you can. Hang in there.

ST

What does everybody else think?

5. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Clif, Thanks. I know we have bonds here and say we are Brothers and it breaks my heart to think about my brother and his family being tossed out in the street.

If he will give me his address I'll be glad to pass it along. God bless The Brotherhood.

ST

6. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    I am glad to hear things are looking up for you and your family. Hang in there.

7. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    Hang in there. My prayers are still with you & now also with our generous brother... Hey seed count us in too we'll send what we can!
    The BamaCats Family - Cleve, Lisa, Brianna & Christina

8. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    You've got a great attitude brother, hang on!:big_smile:

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hey Allen, you know we are still here for ya man. Glad to hear things are starting to turn.

10. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Thanks everyone, very much. We'll be back in Redding, staying in the tent starting tomorrow night most likely, and won't have an address of our own for a while, but I'll send ST my father in law's address where we will be getting our mail sent until we can get a P.O. box in Redding, or get back into a real home with a street address again. I appriciate any help offered, but please don't feel obligated to send money. Your prayers are enough in my book, and those prayers have certainly helped a lot in themselves to this point. We might have another break coming around the bend too. There is a one time "homeless" assistance program that we might be able to get help from to pay the first month and deposit on a new place to live, but I don't know if we qualify yet or not. Please pray that we will be qualified for that, as it will make a huge difference in our situation. We'll be staying in the tent again for a while either way until that program OKs us and gets us into a new place to live, or until we have saved enough money by camping out to afford to pay first and deposit on something out of our own pockets. The cost of living in California REALLY stinks, as first month and deposit on average will run in the neighborhood of about $1,500. The average rent on the places we're finding available is running between $575 for a one bedroom tiny apartment in the bad parts of town, to $800 for a 2 bedroom where the people on the corner are waiting fort a bus instead of a hooker or a drug pusher. :crazy:

11. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Brethren, I've got Allen's address now so if you will pm me I will send it to you.

ST

12. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I just wanted to bump this back up. If you want to send Allen's family a card or something pm me and I will get his address to ya.

ST

13. minnies_moocher

minnies_moocher New Member

State:
    Coldspring, Texas
    Allen, you and your family has been in my prayers. I hope your plans work out. It is to hot to be living in a tent. Keep us posted when you can. Good luck brother.:big_smile:

14. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Thanks to you guys who have asked for Allen's address.

ST

15. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Well, spent the day in Redding loking for options... Checked into the one time homeless assistance program and they told Becca that if she quits her job and goes back on cash aide then wait's a month, they will help! (Your tax dollars at REST!!) We're back to trying to figure out how to save up about $1500 to cover move in costs (first month rent and deposit) while living in a tent or in the truck with the baby. It digusts me that the only people who can get help from the system are (generally) the ones who have put themselves into the trouble they are in in the first place with drugs, alchohol, or unplanned children! Becca sees people come into the store all the time with hundred dollar bills in their wallets which they break to buy beer and gas for nice newer model cars, then bust out the trusty ol' food stamp card for what ever it will cover! I hit a snag once before and they told me they couldn't help me cause I was puting myself through college and hadn't knocked anyone up, and that's about word for word, cause the case workler was disgusted with the system too!

...anyhow, we reserved a camp site for Sunday night through next sunday night at a place with a one week maximum stay. Dominick (our 6 yr old) will be staying with Becca's dad, but they can't take Derek cause he ain't potty trianed yet. Still looking for a suitable storage facility, but called Uhaul and found out I'm looking at about $300- $350 to move everything up to Redding, but they are not taking reservations until adfter the 21st "because they can't garauntee availability" until after then for some reason! We have got to have EVERYTHING out of here by the end of the day on the 17th according to the eviction notice. Uhaul told me the best I can do is go in the day I'm ready to move and hope they have a truck the size I need! I have no idea how I'm gonna afford the truck AND storage anyhow... Much less both of those AND another week in camp site fees and associated costs of just getting by. Gotta register and insure the car my dad is giving me so Becca can use it instead of the gas hog Explorer. Can't sell the car cause it's a condition of the gift, and can't get out from under the truck payment cause we may end up living in the dang thing since we might not be able to pay for a camp site at times...

Seems like everything we THOUGHT was about to improve just got worse instead! I'll try to post tomorrow with any additional updates, but most likely this will be my last post until we get into a new place to live, which at this rate could be about 2 or 3 months! The only good news that I have to report is that Becca's employer told her that we can use the store as our mailing address in Redding, which I'll PM to ST if anyone wants it.

Keep us in your prayers and wish us luck.

Thanks.

16. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Even the Lord needs some help now and then! Prayers are great but landlords and the utilities companies don't accept them. $$$$$$$

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Prayers being said for you and your family. Hang in there brother things are bound to get better for you. You've got to have some strong shoulders to be able to carry all these burdens.GOD BLESS and hang in there.

18. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Everybody, I have the new address now. Let's help our Brother out. I don't know what I would do if I was in his shoes, I scared I wouldn't be able to handle it. Send me a pm and I'll get his address out to ya. Thanks.

ST

19. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
  20. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Bless you brother GOD IS GOOD still praying for you:big_smile: