The line crossover

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Dallison, May 27, 2008.

1. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Does this just happen to me? I've had 2 good bank trips followed by 3 bad.
    Sure enough I've lost a pound or more sinkers due to some guy saddling right up next to me, when clearly there is enough room. All my lines are in the water (3 max). You can see the direction of the tide it's going to be the left or the right. You can see the lines too they pull in that direction.
    What do you think happens...dude next to you just casts right over your lines. I usually look the other way, then figure I saw that a mile away. I sit, wait, then they go to reel in. This is the funny part, they get a little resistance from my line and think they have a fish. I figure what rod they have caught because I can see it pulling. I wait just to make sure then crack them with the firm "You caught my line"...I'm not rude or mean about it but it does suck. It can happen if they're 50 yards away and cast out straight snag your line. The only kicker is sooner or later they think they have a fish and its my line , then I crack the old you got my line.:wink:
    that brings it into perspective.

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I know what you mean! I try to be considerate and keep a good distance...I figure there is plenty of shore and water to fish from; why not spread out? Often others aren't so considerate, though.

I got so fed up with the shore game that I bought a kayak to let me get away from the crowd. So far I've found the problem exists just as much on the water as on the shore. Go figure...:angry:

3. Stiles85

Stiles85 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Eh... I hooked my own line last night so I can't hate on them TOO much :)

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    This is why ya gotta use a good high-vis line. If its not high-vis just cut it.:wink: It will work. LOL!

5. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I had a situation last weekend bank fishing in a public area, these 3 guys were the only other people there. They set up a good 75 yards away from me, in a lake so that was fine. After they were there a little while i see 2 of them walking up the bank toward me so i said hi. about that time they were a few feeet from my farthest away rod and the idiot threw his cast net, if that wasn't bad enough they walked around me and my stuff and starterd thrtowing the net again.
    chip

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey I know what you mean about that, it seems like that happens alot to me when im fishing people will come next to me and cast next to me, on purpose even though there is room everywhere, so I decided one day if they was going to do that then they didnt need there pole so when they threw there line over mine and sat there pole down, I realed the poled and I yanked it hard as I could like I had a big fish on my line and there pole went in the water, and then i cut the line so they couldn't get there pole back they always leave but they dont bother me after that either.

7. Shenandoah

Shenandoah New Member

State:
    Virginia
    If your in a spot first thats your spot period. In my opinion you have the right to tell the guy so and that he needs to move. But I don't mind that as much as when your fishing the river and are anchored above a hole and the giant groups of canoes or tubes come floating down and either goes directly thru your hole or floats right over your lines. Now that really burns me.

8. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't mind people fishing around me, I only run into them on rare occasion, like Memorial Day weekend. From here on out I'll be fishing at times few are up, like 4am....summer is here and I don't like the heat.latergood luck

9. VAcatdude

VAcatdude New Member

State:
    va
    Line crossers, loumouths, foulmouths, unleashed untrained dogs, screaming annoying kids, arguing couples, the guy who thinks he knows everything and wan't to tell you about it...Bank fishing sucks around outher people. It's gotten so bad around here with all the ignorant people on the banks that I will leave if anyone else shows up around me. Never fails that it's someone coming to ruin my day. I have had people even ask for drinks from MY cooler because they did not have the foresight to bring a drink of their own. I don't know when people started thinking that they don't need to act any differently in public than they do at home, but it needs to stop. If I did not have a boat to eascape on I would probably have beat the S out of someone by now. Morons.