The Lewisville Barge

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Catfishmomma, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    It's been two months since I've been out at the barge. I usually call, but they tell me that the fishing is really really slow. I can't see spending $7.00 and then not catching anything. So ya'll if any of you have been there in the past few weeks or days I would really appreciate it if you can tell me if you have caught anything. I am having withdrawals really bad.:eek:oooh:

2. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    That old fishing barge has LOTS of history! I remember well the previous owner, Joe Jagoe. He was a great fellow that owned and operated the barge for many years. It's a well managed barge that does an excellent job catering to the public. Ole' Joe would be proud today to see his barge still going strong! Good fishing! Luke Clayton

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    i moved a while back to the apartments next to the barge thought it would be nice living so close but i think i cursed myself everytime i go i hardly even get a bite heck even the perch got lockjaw next time you are heading to the barge give me a hollar

4. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    crappie are bitting pretty good at the barge now early morn seems to be the time with real small minnows mainly inside in the wells if you go stop some where and get small minnows all they have had at the barge is the big ones

5. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Luke Clayton here.
    You might try one-sixteenth ounce black/chartreuse jigs dropped vertically into the heavy brush, especially during low light conditions- ie. early morning. These fish will be on a subtle bite, so watch your line. I used to fish years back with the previous owner, Joe Jagoe, God rest his soul. He was one very nice gentleman and I never think of the LEWISVILLE FISHING BARGE wikthout thinking of my old buddy Joe.. I haven't fished here in years but remember the crappie bite to get really good during the coldest weather of the winter., Just watch your line and don't espect those crappie to jerk the rod out of your hands, though... GOOD LUCK!

6. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    i havent done very good in a while down at the barge ive seen lots of fish caught by others but never me not sure what the heck im doing wrong but just not my luck this year joe has caught a couple nice blues and crappie are biteing but no big blues for me i spent a couple hours out there last night no luck at all