The Lake Wylie Iron Man Tournaments

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by WylieCat, Feb 8, 2009.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    One lake.

Two tournaments.

16 hours of combined fishing.

It will called from this moment forward; The Lake Wylie Iron Man

:smile2:

On March 21st there will be two tournaments on Lake Wylie on the same day out of Buster Boyd Access Area. One runs from 6:00am-3:00pm, and the other runs from 6:00pm until 1:00am. It will be a marathon with two winners.

Make plans now. Tell momma you will leave in the dark and get home in the dark. :wink:

2. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Ive already got the day cleared off and will be there for both. Maby we can get together for some BSing between events at TBones.

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Team Green will be there for sure:smile2:,Its gonna be a long day and night for sure:crazy:,I just hope we dont too awful embarrassed at the weigh in in the first tourney,yall Wylie Boys take it easy on us and dont hurt our egos too bad that we dont have enough left to fish the 2nd one,I think the "winners" from the 1st one should pick up the tab at T-Bones before the 2nd one.:cool2:
    Dieter,I think that day will be a good day for you to do one of those videos that you are famous for for You Tube.:roll_eyes:The Lake Wylie Iron Man would make a Catchy Title.:wink:

Thats 7:00 am on the 1st one by the way.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    You guys can have my share of the marathon tournaments. This flabby man has sworn off anything more than 8 hours. :wink:
    It does sound like a real fun deal; hope it all goes well. :smile2:

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "....Thats 7:00 am on the 1st one by the way...."

Opps.....well, the day just got easier!!! LOL!!!

Maybe we ought to do a $10 side pot for the highest combined weight from both events????? :eek:oooh:

FYI, the second event is a "channel cat only" tournament. So no one has to worry about the big flatheads or blue cats showing up. :wink:

6. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I am looking forward to it. Dieter you better knock the dust off the horseshoe. It is gonna be a marathon!:crazy:

7. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Sound's like fun if wasnt so far to drive.:sad2:

8. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Team Green is ready,oops I had'nt got them N.C. license yet.Its gonna be a good one for sure.Hope we can get the regulars that fish the Ted's tournaments to fish both.Iron Man,I like it.Might need to see if I can find some energy drinks on sell somewhere for this one.Let's all talk it up!!!!!:smile2::smile2:

9. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    i'll be there, and i like the total weight side pot :smile2:

10. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    I started training today!

Got up this morning and went running for the first time since I left the military. :crazy:

My body remembered I had not run since I left the military, and reminded me the entire time!! :smile2:

11. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    If people saw me running they'd run too. Cause they'd know there must be a big swarm of bees somewhere close by.:smile2:

I'll be there for the evening tournement but I don't know about the first one yet.

I think everybody ought to use your best bait in the morning.:wink: Those night time catfish don't mind the old froze bait in the back of your freezer.:smile2:

Hey if I only fish one of them I guess I'll have to be the TIN MAN.

12. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I think the BSing between tournaments might be a good thing!!

13. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Dinner at T-Bonz on the lake after the weigh-in and before the start of the evening event.

14. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Count Us In,I seen on another forum where there is gonna be a Green Carp Tourney out of BB the same morning:sad2:,maybe we want get run over by those 50k bass buggies:crazy:,I think I will have a few 6oz bank sinkers in my pocket to hurl just in case:smile2::roll_eyes:

15. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Better come early. The ramps get backed up easily with one of those going on. At least we can show them what a big fish looks like at the weight in. Dinner at TBones sounds good to me.

16. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    how much is the entering fee

17. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm pretty sure the morning event is $20 a head and the evening event is $60 per boat. (max 3 people per boat) But don't hold me to it.

If I'm wrong somebody correct me.:eek:oooh:

18. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Thats right. Only thing is the morning event has a optional big fish pot at $10 per boat.

19. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Kyle,you can check out all the particulars for the 1st event in the Catawba Catfish Club in the Catfish Tournament section and you can get the details for the nightime Teds Hunting and Fishing Event on the Carolina Catfish Club website under the Tournaments section.

20. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    No wylie reports from such a pretty weekend?

Hmmmmm.

I talked to a guy today who said he tore em up saturday. Some big channels were biting.

Lord willin I'll be fishing this weekend if not sooner.