The knott head and the net

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tfish442003, Apr 8, 2006.

1. tfish442003

tfish442003 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    This is a little story i thought i would share with everyone.Last saturday me and a friend went fishing in a lake near home.lake monticello in sc for those who might ask.Any way we were setting on the dock fishing not really getting any bites.When up walked a young fellow who was casting a net now that in and of itself is no big deal but its what he was cachting that struck me as odd every cast he made got at least two big bass.maybe 10 casts in all.now that is pretty wierd in itself but this young guy was putting him in his cooler.Well we told him that it was against the law to keep game fish caught in a cast net but he told us to mind our buisness so we did.Well low and behold in just a few minutes of us minding our buisness up walked the game warden.Who apparently had been wachting the whole thing.and heard us tell the knott head not to keep those fish.Well naturally the boy got a citation.and i dont know what will finally end up happening to him but then this kid has only two active brain cells one for his breathing and one for his heart but nothing eles seem to work just right with the rest of him.Any way i just thought yall might get a kick out of this one.

2. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    He deserved a citation and a kick in the rear:cool:

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Now that is what I call entertainment, LOL!!! He deserved it, LMAO!!!

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now that's too darn funny, at least you did your duty and tried to warn him.

5. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    All he was doing was catching bait! LOL You never know who is watching.

6. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I dont understand why some people return kindness with an insult. He hopefully will learn a very expensive lesson. That day the law won, but they often miss these morons. I usually try to help the law out a bit. I work in a related law enforcement field and know how fustrating the whole thing can be. Everyone complains that I just missed a lawbreaker, but noone called me to stop it.

7. tfish442003

tfish442003 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    unfortunatley your right they get by with it all to often.

8. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I saw a guy doing the same thing the other day but he was catching perch. It was below a dam spillway and he was doing it in front of about 30 people. He was really loading up his ice chest with them.

9. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    haha, he deserves that citation, BIG TIME. Not only was he doing something illegal that isn't good for the fish population, but he had to be rude to people that were trying to tell him to do the right thing and that what he was doing was illegal. It's a shame.

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    LOL!!

I know that everyone does not know every game there is and people many times "accidentally" do something illegal, but when you do something in spite of being told it is illegal, then you deserve everything you get.

11. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    not only was he rude after being told that it was a crime, but he shouldnt have come up throwing a cast net where other people are tryin ta fish!

12. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    someone tell katmasterjr so he'll know what happens when you go bass fishing...lol:0a30:

13. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    sounds like he deserved more then one citation... and to be thrown in the water... Anytime im out castnetting, if i catch a bass of any size it goes right back in the water... same with crappie or any other non bait fish... I said bass of any size... well i may keep one or 2 (on a lake where the regs say your allowed to have up to 5 under 11 inches or 4 under 11 and one over 15 inches so im only helping the big bass when i take the little ones) to take home and photograph then release back into a different pond w/ little to no bass activity in it. I think more people need to not mind their own business when they suspect someone is doing something illegal (although only if its rightly illegal like taking game out of season, not obeying the size restrictions, using live bait in an artifical only zone (mostly trout/bass waters), etc... not stupid things like using too many rods or something, cause we all know if the fish are biting... more then one or 2 is too much to handle anyway.... and if they aint biting having 50000 rods aint gonna get you any more bites) Report them... i know MD has a phone # to report poachers and many other states should have them too or just find your local DNR officers and make sure they are up to date on what the rules are for fishing/hunting, etc.... and get their phone # so you can call (no not for a date, well unless you consider a possible court date for the other person a date)...