The King Of Sring

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by CHAVEZ CHAVEZ, Apr 17, 2009.

1. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    Well ya'll turkey opened here last weekend the 11'th , went out opening Day with no luck !! . A big ol'snow storm rolled in and sent us home , we were only out about 2 hr's when this happened heard a couple of hens and that was about it . we wanted to head out the next Day butt the storm was still here make'n a mess of things . anyways just a lil' report i'll be sure to post pic for ya'll when i bust my Tom or my boys TOM'S .

here's acouple pic of opening Day .

Attached Files:

• 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      27.8 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      31 KB
      Views:
  2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That looks miserable! Hope the weathers turns for you guys. We open next week on the 22nd, hot damn! :smile2:

3. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    Thanx's Bro , we will try tomorrow butt really not count'n on it . Wish ya the best when you go out !!!!

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    That is some hard core hunting right there!

I want me a turkey this year myself. :wink:

5. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    Went out today no luck though :sad2: another storm rolled in and dumped about a FT of snow :crazy:. got a pic of me and my oldest boy though .:cool2:

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      16.1 KB
      Views:
  6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice pics,Demetrius Good luck on the turkeys. Our season opened the 15th runs till May 10. Dont know for sure if I will get to go as money is tight,If I can good deal,But I definately plan on taking my daughter on her first struttin hunt.:wink:

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    This comin monday,,,the loud mouth across the road gets his shot at rollin my britches leggs up. Several have, many didn't. Can't wait

8. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Next Saturday here in PA. Im hot on the trail of a HEAVY bird. This is really the boss of the woods but his days are numbered.:wink: I think he is a 5 year old and he has to be close to 29 or 30 pounds.:eek:oooh: Biggest bird Ive seen in the wild, and I have a 25 pounder under my belt. He has 2 other birds with him that are 3 year olds and they are really starting to try and show he aint the boss no more. Its amazing because the other 2 are a solid 20-22 pounds and he dwarfs them. We watched them in the field for about an hour the other morning and they were really starting to challange him. The boss wasnt really courting any hens (he doesnt have to) and was strutting about 20 yards away from the flock. The 2 other birds would come over now and again and they would try to go a few rounds with him. Seemed like they were getting the upper hand too, but when he was tired of it he would send em running back to the hens with their tail tucked between their legs.:roll_eyes: I would really love to put the hammer down on this bird because Im afraid if he isnt killed this spring he will die over the winter. Goin after him with the bow so we shall see. Going to be tough to hold off on the other 2 as they are both good birds too.