The kind of people on the BOC

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by billcatfish, May 13, 2007.

1. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    went out fishing today with rodpod had a good time the bite was slow but had a good time bsing the night away when we got ready to pack it in for the night went to start the boat an the bat. weas dead in the boatdidnt know what to do so i called 2 of the boc brothers deerhunter an stoney an with out asking any questions came an gave me a bat. an this is why i like this place so much if i would not have found this place id still be setting out there an a big thanks for helping me out

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is what this place is all about brother. Glad ya was not stranded all night.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The BOC is Family to me! I think their GREAT!! So glad you were able to get assistance.:smile2:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bill that is what the BOC is all about. I do have one question. Was that battery delivered by someone in PINK? Not refering to stoney. He would be an innocent bystander.:smile2: :smile2:

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Most likely it was, LMAO!!! I would almost be willing to bet that the battery was pink as well, LOL!!!

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    That dang bunny rabbit keeps going and going.
    Glad you got the help you needed.

7. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey now this is not right, let me tell the true story on this one.

Stoney and I went fishing Saturday night, We came home about 1:30 AM and just as I walked in the door and unloaded the boat my cell phone rings. It was Bill and Brent, Bill says hey ! what you doing ? I told Him I just got home from the river he said Brent ran my battery down lighting his cigarettes tonight and he played with the spot light all night cause he could here monsters in the bushes along the bank and it was scaring him to death. So now my batteries are dead. So Stoney and Ryan and I loaded up and went out to the river at 2:00AM and gave them a battery so they could get off the river. Sure enough when we pulled up to them Brent looked like he was scared to death, His face was turning pink ! and poor Bill had claw marks all over his arm from Brent holding on.. I am sure glad we rescued him , now bill can buy three batteries for his boat one so Brent can hook his light up to to see Monsters with..

Oh by the way your welcome Bill and Brent.. LMAO It's my story and I am sticking to it. :eek:oooh: :lol:

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    That's at least the second time DH has rescued Brent off the river. That boy used to be a good luck charm but I think he might be losing his mojo.
    If DH River Rescue should start charging for their services Eric could have a new boat in no time...W

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    DH you did a fine deed. But you sounded like a politician. You danced around the true question. Now answer page two. What about the battery color or the dress code. Or was everything done under the cover of darkness. A likely answer.:smile2:

10. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    First, thanks eric and stoney. I think last year, Eric, Stoney and I were somewhere down river in the middle of no where at 4am and his battery was dead too. Luckily he had enough juice in his spare to get the motor running. And there was another time i got a tow back from eric, because my lower unit went out 6 miles downriver from where we launched. Maybe i am cursed. Two weeks ago I lost my expensive sunglasses, im pretty sure they went overboard, or maybe the monsters snatched them up. I think ill start wearing a mask when I go out so the monsters and the catfish cant see its me, and I can start catching those fish again without all the hassles. :big_smile:

Second, the monsters werent scaring me it was the submarine JW hooked into a few years ago. I caught the submarine at the wing dikes that was moving and breaking my line and it kept following us to each spot. :confused2: I guess when i had my rod doubled over and I pulled up a long piece of yellow CAUTION tape, i should've known it was time to pack it up. I think im going to stick to bank fishing for the rest of the year. I know its only a matter of time before I get struck by lightning in the middle of a snow storm out on the river. I can see it now. lol

And bill thanks for takin me out, had a good time, and im glad you didnt lose your cool when everything started messin up.

Thanks again eric, i owe you like 2 or 3 now.

11. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    just wanted to say your welcome bill and brent,i would do it anytime,but dont make a habbit out of it......and dh probably would make some money doing this especially with good ol jw,,,i cant count the number of times..once with bill and once with brent and about 16 times with jw,,,,,thats alot of money at 100.00 dollars a tow.....lol..just kiddin jw ,im not goin to jinxs myself...but between bill,dh and jw i dont think i have anything to worry about......

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't understand it, myself. I've done a lot of surfing and a lot of traveling, but I've never met a more helpful bunch than you'll find here at the BOC. These guys (and gals) are the best!