The Job- Urine Test

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by curdog, Jan 16, 2008.

1. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    What are your thoughts on this?
    THE JOB - URINE TEST
    I got this in a E-mail

I HAVE TO PASS A URINE TEST FOR MY JOB... SO I AGREE 100%

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their BUTTS, doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check ?

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds good in theory, but in practice, it's a whole different thing. Logistics, enforcement, medical expenses...etc. I see where you are coming from, but I don't think it's that simple.

You know who I want to see urine tested? I'll tell ya anyways.:wink: Doctors, Lawyers, Government officials, and Judges. You know, the ones who make decisions that effect the lives of the many, take our money, but would consider it an insult to pee in a cup.

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Dont that just PEE you off?:angry:

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I agree with you 100% Richard. I have been saying the same thing for several years now. I think the only real problem is the expense. The company I work for started out with a random test program 8 years ago. They still claim to have one, but in reality, over time and due to the expense of it, it boiled down to an "on incident testing program". If you are acting like your stoned or drunk, or you have an accident, injury, or near miss incident, you get tested. It consists of a two part urine test, an onsite quick test and a sample is sent to a lab. If you are dirty on the quick test you dont return to work until the lab confirms or denies the initial test, in which case if your dirty, you are terminated. The more accurate lab test is done for legal reasons. I once heard it cost about $100.00 per test.
    Our court system here even passes the buck to the offender through court costs to have drug and alcohol offenders tested during their probation period.
    Until the accuracy of the cheaper quick tests become undeniable, the state will still have to have an expensive lab due the final annalysis. Mutiplying the number of state aid recipients by the price of lab results would unfortunately be astounding, not even mentioning the frequincy of the tests while they are recieving state aid.
    I too wish there was a way, but unfortunately, I dont think we will be seeing random testing of wellfare recipients anytime soon.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    CAN YOU SAY HELL YA?????????

I AGREE. hey no lies here folks. i have been a guinea pig years ago with a few controlled substances. im not gonna lie. i did my time and takes a man to admit it. im not gonna hide behind a picture perfect lie of who i am to my friends wich you guys are. i dont do drugs at all any more because i have kids and they dont need to be in that environment. i drink some beer but thats it. i just got a copy of out union drug policy effective jan 1st. its simple. random drug screens. if you pass ok. if not you must pay for it and you wont work.

i agree and dissagree. what there saying is your own time at home isnt your own time. i am not worried cause ill have no trouble. but i do feel bad for the guy who smokes a hitter 2-3 times a week at HOME. his privacy is being invaded. i dont want to work with someone high on the job though. on scaffolding its risking my life. its simple. stop or find another job. the good thing is its not my concern anymore. im a clean one for 6-7 years.

but i do agree. make welfare and guys on unemployment pee. i totally agree. we shouldnt have to give ya drug money. feeding you family and yourself and needs like utilities. but if ya are on welfare or even unemployment and are dirty, if ya can afford drugs you dont need federal help. just my $.02

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :angry:amen brother deadbeat people shouldnt breed !:what:

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    BULLSHIT! they take a test and pass, they are eligible for assistance..they fail, they pay for the test and are ineligible to take one for 5 years. the money saved offsets ALL expenses almost immediately. don't be a bleeding heart, matt...kick these lazy bums of the public dole...NOW is not soon enough:sad2:

8. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    I heard I had to take one for my job but I'm having a hard finding study material :embarassed:

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Couldn't have said it better Myself Phil !!!!!!! J.D.

10. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I like other have my opinion on this subject. I have thought about this before and if I expressed my opinion I would get kicked off this board. It does piss me off to see this going on. A few years ago I lived on a street with alot of section 8 housing. Hardly anyone on this street worked, they all got govt. assistance. The police were always on this street for one reason or another. While I am at it let me add another thing to the list. The drug addicts on govt assistance that all the time have medical problems and called the ambulance. One of my old neighbors was like that. She had the ambulance at her house at least once every other week. My taxes pay for thier drugs and thier healt care. My wife can tell you I am VERY opinionated about this subject.

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya. its simple aint it. jan 1st 09 if ya want aid pee and pass or go find work. if you can light the pipe you can type at a job. think how many drug users are on welfare. take them out the us could start paying off the debt. i aint no angel but my ass has been sweating for $ since i was picking tassles and cutting butterprint out of feilds since i was 12 years old.

12. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    100% agree...but want to add if you can't speak English you should not be allowed to sign up... just my opinion...As I understand it... A condition of becoming a citizen is to speak English and if you are not an American citizen why should I have to support those who are not...Hell the phone # you call gives you the option to press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish...Why?

I have been currently out of a job since December the 19th...I had to step in the doors of the unemployment office for the 1st time in my life...

It pissed me off when I went inside the office because it was full of non- English speaking folks waiting for there turn to sign up and what appeared to be dead beats dresses in dirty clothes that smelled of alcohol...

From listening, some of these people had been collecting a check for some time and was there turning in there required hrs of job hunting...

I waited and waited till my turn which was almost an hour and was told to fill out 1/2 hrs worth of paperwork...and maybe they could help me but it would take 2 weeks and to follow up with them on the phone...

Let me tell ya I am a worker and the dust had hardly settled on the door steps of the job I lost before I was looking for another...Just pisses me off that our system is so messed up...

Sorry if this offended anyone but it is my opinion and as a Veteran feel very strongly about the whole English thing...

13. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I have to say I agree with Phil on this subject.
    This is part of the reason I have my own business.
    I don't like deadbeats and anyone that comes to work for me will not do drugs on my time and not be high or drunk on my time. If your caught on my jobs with drugs or booze, I will fire your butt right there on the spot and I don't care if I'm clear across the other side of town, they will walk from there.

14. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you for the lesson in English...very...enlightening.:wink: Those that think this is just that simple are full of pooh-pooh. As I said, I agree with the concept, but it wouldn't ammount to any more than another HUGE waste of money. There are literally hundreds of products on the market to assist the drug user to pass any drug test. They stay ahead of the curve too. How often do you propose to test these individuals? Anually? Monthly? Weekly? Once when they first apply, then happy sailing? How many people recieve government assistance? Millions. It would be pouring money down the drain faster than it already is being dumped.

At best, the test administered would ammount to a pre-employment drug screen. An appointment would be made, giving the would-be doper plenty of time to "study" for his/her test. There would be little or no actual supervision during the test, as non-criminals have rights to privacy.

It's a bit different if you cause an accident at work, and you are sent straight to the clinic immediately following the incedent. There are products to get past that too though.

Yell BS at me all you want, but if you think that urine testing welfare recipients would be effective, or affordable, or even possible you are in la-la land.

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    and make them spend thier rent to buy th $80 drug passing kit. make it harder for them. real hard. my policy would be a flame thrower. they better vote for you lol.

as i said im no saint in my past but i worked for my ignorant money. the public didnt pay for it. if i could take it back ide be a taker.

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

nothing beats a blood test.

17. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Kat,
    Disagree on this one brother. Drug test for three drug screen (instant results) can be had for under a buck....that's retail. Testing could be random. Noncriminals have a right to privacy until the government is paying their bills.....cope with it and pee in the cup. What is the average benefit check amount? One failing result would free up assets to by another couple hundred test kits. As far as beating a drug test.....random testing will snuff most of that out.....not knowing the majority of users would choose to take that chance in my experience. Just my opinion brother.

Richard

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    nothing beats a blood test. and someone getting $500 a month to lay stoned, a drug test is about $40 everywhere ive seen in job types. test monthly. $500 to ya or $40 back to the state if ya fail and saves state $500. + suspend the failer for 1 year from benifits. ill tell ya what if i screw up and draw unemployment when i wasnt elidedable they say up to 1 year jail and $10,000 fine. oh but smoke crack and draw public aid. buddie like i said my alternative would have them smoking.

via a flame thrower.

19. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Maybe we can test them for prime rib, lobster, crab legs, and shrimp. All of which shoud be illegal to consume on public assistance. LOL

:big_smile:

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    nope, all legal at this point if im right, crack pot herion smak toot pop, not legal,lol:roll_eyes:

theres a lot of things to help with this countries problems. to many bleeding hearts. i like the 50,000 volts permenant leg shockers for multipule immigrant offenders, but is cruel. its not cruel for him to do my job while here so i can not have a paycheck though and take the revenue back to good oll mexico. better stop.