The Idiots started early this year

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by laidbck111, Jun 30, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I went down to Jordan Lake to do some fishing this morning and the Game Wardens were out in force and the sheriff deputies were right beside them so at 6:45 this morning I watched people ticketed for no license and BUI boating under the influence total about 6 people arrested and I don't want to guess how many tickets and rods the wardens took/wrote. The holidais in full swing and the idiots have already started. Oh by the way I caught a couple of channels 3-4 lbs and 12 keeper crappie. And had my license and fish checked 5 times before noon.

2. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana

HOLY COW

congrats on the fish.....

but dang i have never seen dnr like that

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    They can check me 100 times as long as they nail the idiots on the water. That will be OK with me.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I wasn't complaing about being checked I was sick of the guys out there anyway I mean come on 6:45 in the morning and already drinking/ drunk and loud. I am glad they got what they got and I am glad they are enforcing the "law of the land".

5. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    they do now days, keep on the ball during holidays, thats a good thing are money is being spent. i wouldn't want a drunk in a speed boat running over my 14ft cat-boat, with my 5 and 6 years olds, with me.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I always enjoy fall fishing because the cats are htiing better, and most of the idiots are gone.

7. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Well, I'd like to feel that way, but if I got checked that many times, I'd probably start to take it a little personal!

8. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Somewheres about the second time I would begin to get hostile.

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I would like to see more of the same up here on the river.

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I wasn't mad at the wardens I have no problem with them doing their job ans I am glad thet are out there. It was the idiots throwing their beer cans in the water and one guy even puking that was killing me. They even came out to where I was fishing and I told em quick fast and in a hurry to leave me be yeah I listened to there smart remarks as they were leaving but they left me alone, they being the drunken morons. remeber this started at 6:45 in the morning.

11. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I wish they would do more to catch the idiots around here. Its good they are on the ball and nailing them drunk idiots.

12. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    its great that they are out, but my opion they have more to worry about on the water just someone sitting there and fishing. 5 times is rodiculous

13. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    I would love to see more DNR on the waters here. Too many idiots that think its great to drink and boat!
    Glad DNR is cracking down more on some waters. Like many other enforcement divisions they too are very understaffed for the areas to be covered.

14. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I think if I got checked that many times in a day, I would start wearing my license pinned to my shirt in lamonate. Then if they wanted to check my stringer that many times they could pull it in and toss it out themselves. But would love to see them busting the dummies that are drunk and being a nuisance.

15. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I dont mind getting checked some, but I wish N.C. Wildlife officers could give you a dated sticker to put on your boat so that they could recognize that you have been checked like the Coast Guard does!

16. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I wish I saw people get checked around here more often for blatant violations. I've not been checked this season nor have I scene anyone else get checked.

If I got checked 5 times by noon I'd get a little bit angry I think.

17. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I hate those drunken idiots glad that they were doing their job were you fished. Could've gotten hurt by them. I luckily have a private lake right behind my house, about 300 acres, trolling electric motor only. Wish i could get to spot to spot faster, but hey, I have a 12' jon boat and some guys have 20 foot bass boats with 250 HP motors that would rip the water right up lol.

18. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Ya know, if they would crack down big time like that all over the country during the holidays on the lakes, I bet they would stop being so busy and you could accually catch a fish on those days!

19. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I was standing on my boat at the marina tonight talking to the cops in the boat and a guy flys into the marina, a no wake zone. Cops said BYE, gotta go write a ticket!!

Last night tatersalad from the the BOC and myself were fishing and around midnight we heard a boat and could not see it. Finally it came into view, not a single light on it.

Idiot.

Be careful out there folks. There are a lot of folks who take a boat out 2-3 days a year, and the 4th, Memorial Day, and Labor Day are the three!!

20. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I aint no idiot. I dont venture near any body of water on the 4th of July holiday
    If I know the idiots are going to be there in force, I know I wont be there to support them.